Former Bruins Marcus Johansson - Sabres sign forward Marcus Johansson to two-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
So this week he is out

Next week he will be re evaluated

You think he will suddenly be ready?

Iam not sure

Also no point to rush him
I agree but they've been pretty honest about their evaluated stuff. Bergeron played pretty much right after they said.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
So this week he is out

Iam not sure

Looks like typical recovery is 5-7 days depending on severity.

Pulmonary contusion - Wikipedia

Prognosis
Pulmonary contusion usually resolves itself[23] without causing permanent complications;[1] however it may also have long-term ill effects on respiratory function.[38][65] Most contusions resolve in five to seven days after the injury.[1] Signs detectable by radiography are usually gone within 10 days after the injury—when they are not, other conditions, such as pneumonia, are the likely cause.[27] Chronic lung disease correlates with the size of the contusion and can interfere with an individual's ability to return to work.[24] Fibrosis of the lungs can occur, resulting in dyspnea (shortness of breath), low blood oxygenation, and reduced functional residual capacity for as long as six years after the injury.[38] As late as four years post-injury, decreased functional residual capacity has been found in most pulmonary contusion patients studied.[43] During the six months after pulmonary contusion, up to 90% of people suffer difficulty breathing.[27][43] In some cases, dyspnea persists for an indefinite period.[7]Contusion can also permanently reduce the compliance of the lungs.[66]

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I can't pay attention to what he is saying because of Alex Kraemer in the background. :laugh:
I love that Backes is stepping up for teammates.

Those facial expressions of hers were distracting... I thought maybe she was having an actual thought...:laugh::confused:

Yes, from all indications Backes really beat the s*** out of Ferlands FIST with his face!

He may or may not be a "rental". It could be that the B's brass looked at him as a signable
asset in the off season.

While right now he fills a need, I wouldn't be thinking about extending beyond this season if I'm the B's.

This.

No one on Toronto hits, let alone like Ferland.
\\

Anyone know how badly that badass Mojo hurt Ferland? Haven't heard anything about him, and he left the game early too.
Ferland is a UFA after this season and only making $1,750,000. I really wouldn't mind him as a free agent signing for the Bruins. He's going to be 27 in April which is in his prime.

Last edited:
Reactions: bruins4thecup65

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
You want to take a run at one of our skill guys? There will be consequences. Your fists will have to meet the fury of David Backes’ forehead

Cute.

*You* do it when no one else can (or will).

Maybe a chat with Don Sweeney is in order. Or Cam Neely.

If Brad effing Marchand was handling "fights" earlier this year -- and he was -- while David Backes at this stage in his career is stepping up to protect teammates, perhaps there is a problem.

Easy dismissal of David Backes. Really?

B*tch to Sweeney.

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

You would think a guy nursing this would not be looking for the big hit.

That's his game though - its like thinking Backes with his injuries shouldn't be looking to stand up for his teammates.

So this week he is out

Iam not sure

If it's just the bruise, why wouldn't he be ready when it heals?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Can't imagine that feels good.

Could be worse.

I’ve had it, it feels like pneumonia without the tiredness. The lung has a hard time expanding but he should be good to go in a couple weeks. Maybe hace to wear a flak jacket tho. It’s a real concern come playoff time because there is constant hitting and I’m not sure if it’s easily irritated.

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Cute.

If Brad effing Marchand was handling "fights" earlier this year -- and he was -- while David Backes at this stage in his career is stepping up to protect teammates, perhaps there is a problem.

B*tch to Sweeney.

Team has points in 17 straight (a chunk of those games without their best offensive player), the 2nd best record in the NHL, and of course you want to complain about Sweeney, Neely and the construct of the team.

Shocking.

Last edited:

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Devils fan: that's too bad about MoJo injury, hopefully, he is back soon. I was so looking forward to seeing what he could do with a good consistent line.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
My opinion, based on no medical knowledge whatsoever, is that he shouldn’t be out “too long”. But yeah, I don’t know anything so...take that for what it is worth.

Was happy to see the team come back the other night, but there was a clear void when he left the game. We were instantly back in pre-deadline “who’s going to score other than the top line” mode.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Cute.

B*tch to Sweeney.

I don’t even know what you’re saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad