Former Bruins Marcus Johansson - Sabres sign forward Marcus Johansson to two-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
People forget that Bledsoe came back and played the next series after that

Yup I was at that game and was calling for Bledsoe to be benched he was so awful at that point and holding back an otherwise promising team. When Brady played I was certain it was due to performance. My seats were right where Lewis hit him I had a perfect view of it that was one hell of a hit since Drew was such a big guy as well.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Sooooo this is okay then, right? I mean obviously he'll need a couple weeks to be 100% but as long as they let him rest and come back strong. Glad this isn't season ending, at least based off of what has been reported so far. Anyone know more about this injury and the severity of it?

Reactions: bbfan419

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Lung contusion. Reevaluated in a week.

A bruise on the lung.

"A pulmonary contusion is a bruise of a lung, which causes bleeding and swelling. People have pain, usually due to the chest wall injury, and often feel short of breath. Doctors make the diagnosis with a chest x-ray. Treatment is with oxygen and sometimes a ventilator to support breathing until the bruise heals."

Thomas G. Weiser , MD, MPH, Stanford University School of Medicine ~ Merck Manuals

Pulmonary Contusion - Injuries and Poisoning - Merck Manuals Consumer Version

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Good news. I wish the Bruins were a bit more secretive about it although I suppose the only way to have a player 'target' that weakness is a hit like Ferland's again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad