Former Bruins Marcus Johansson - Sabres sign forward Marcus Johansson to two-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Any update? Hoping it wasn’t serious. His presence helped balance out the lines. I’m under the impression he slots to Coyle’s LW once Pastrnak returns.

Almost certainly a separated shoulder or other arm injury (hopefully not a concussion on top of it) but the way he held is left off still after tells me it was that.

Based on the point of contact I’m nervous we’re looking at a Bjork type injury, but with any luck it’s not as serious and he’ll be back in 4-6 weeks.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
behind the Athletic paywall but the headline sounds like good-ish news:

anyone with an account that can give us the gist?

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
behind the Athletic paywall but the headline sounds like good-ish news:

anyone with an account that can give us the gist?

I know that position. I walked around my house, got myself dressed , got my keys and wallet, and made it outside to the front step before I almost passed out from the pain, sat down and admitted I wasn't driving myself to the hospital and called 911. LOL

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I still can't believe that the best The Athletic could find to cover the Bruins was a hack like Fluto. No wonder they constantly run specials to subscribe :laugh:
Fluto has always been terrible. The Athletic is a great subscription however. It and the Wall Street Journal are my go-to reads on my morning train ride to work....

Joe McDonald did a great piece there about Bergeron a few weeks back as part of his 1000th game. One of the best Bruins articles I’ve ever read.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
This sucks. He was making an impact too.

This team is gonna have to find a way forward somehow. Hopefully he makes a powerful recovery and is back in time for the playoffs as a worst case scenario - sooner if a better case

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Almost certainly a separated shoulder or other arm injury (hopefully not a concussion on top of it) but the way he held is left off still after tells me it was that.

Based on the point of contact I’m nervous we’re looking at a Bjork type injury, but with any luck it’s not as serious and he’ll be back in 4-6 weeks.

think it was a shoulder too, as he was trying to make it to his feet, he tried doing so by putting pressure on one side of his body, couldn`t do it then did so on the other side

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I sometimes wish we wouldn't even make any trade deadline moves. Seems every single time we do either the player doesn't pan out the way they were expected to or they get injured and can't play anyways.

On top of that, is isn't like the team was playing poorly and needed obvious help. If we had picked up nobody we still had a very good team and I liked our chances in the playoffs.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
On top of that, is isn't like the team was playing poorly and needed obvious help. If we had picked up nobody we still had a very good team and I liked our chances in the playoffs.
Were they playing well? Yep, but you can`t ignore needs regardless and they needed to fill a few holes which they did

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Were they playing well? Yep, but you can`t ignore needs regardless and they needed to fill a few holes which they did

No argument with that, but the time to address those needs IMO is the off-season. Deadline deals are fun and we got a couple of good player for sure, but I have never been convinced in most cases that it is worth it in the end.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No argument with that, but the time to address those needs IMO is the off-season. Deadline deals are fun and we got a couple of good player for sure, but I have never been convinced in most cases that it is worth it in the end.

time will tell but if the B`s went into the playoffs with only 3 lines (because that`s all they had), teams with more depth would eat them alive, it`s precisely what we saw the Bolts do last year to the B`s, constantly roll out 4 lines and suffocated the B`s who couldn`t counter and I`ll ask you this, had the B`s done nothing as you suggested, would you be ok if they entered round 1, and say lost to the Leafs where it was clear depth became an issue, would you then be ok with standing still at the deadline?

Reactions: Dr Hook and JCRO

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If the Bs didn't make any deadline deals in 2011, they don't win the Cup.

yep, some may have forgotten but if there was something the B`s lacked, it was a lineup that could push 4 lines over the boards. The additions of Pevs and Kelly up front, and Kaberle on the back end gave CJ the luxury of sliding everyone into a roster spot where they weren`t out of place and while Coyle isn`t producing, nor did Pevs or Kelly produce much down the stretch although Kelly wasn`t acquired to put pts up

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Eh, I don't know if I'd go that far. I was very 'meh' on this move when it first happened. With that said, the eye test improvement to that line since the move(s) is easy to see so it obviously was the right move.

We just seem to have such shit luck. If the move works and player blends quickly and immediately improved the line or team they get hurt before playoffs start.

I hope he's able to come back in time for playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad