Value of: Marcus Johansson

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Send him back to the Caps for Burakovsky. :)

This is actually a deal I could see making sense, it's similar to the Hagelin for Pearson trade. I question if either of those teams will be willing to make that swap in the division, though.

Are there any underperforming players the Devils can trade MoJo? Such as Pearson, Hagelin, Strome or Spooner?

Johansson is so frustrating player when he isn't producing. However I'm quite sure that he could revive his career for instance in Pittsburgh or some other team where he had a chance to play with better offensive players than in the Devils.

The one mentioned above, Johansson for Burakovsky, is a fantastic example of a trade like that.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Are there any underperforming players the Devils can trade MoJo? Such as Pearson, Hagelin, Strome or Spooner?

Johansson is so frustrating player when he isn't producing. However I'm quite sure that he could revive his career for instance in Pittsburgh or some other team where he had a chance to play with better offensive players than in the Devils.
I'm answering to myself: What about Bryan Rust for MoJo? Both are players who have struggled this season. Rust has 4 and MoJo 5 points.

Right now the latter would be and upgrade over Joey Anderson and Stefan Noesen, but Anderson is also the reason why I'm hesitant to trade MoJo for Rust. If Rust is in the team there is no roster spot for Anderson unless the latter takes Noesen's spot. Rust also has three years in his contract after this season, and $3,5 million is a lot of money for a third or fourth line winger.

Of course I don't know what Pittsburgh fans think about Rust, MoJo and this proposal, but if I have understood correctly there is room for left wingers in the Pens.

It's unlikely that the Devils and Pens make any trades with each other, because they are in the same division. I think the last trade with these teams was in 2016 when BB8 was traded for third round pick.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm answering to myself: What about Bryan Rust for MoJo? Both are players who have struggled this season. Rust has 4 and MoJo 5 points.

Definitely not. If Rust gets traded in a change of scenery type of deal, it has to be a cost controlled player like Cogliano from Anaheim (in terms of play style), not Johansson. They have too many pure skill guys and not enough grinders/speedsters already, trading Rust for Johansson just makes that way worse.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Definitely not. If Rust gets traded in a change of scenery type of deal, it has to be a cost controlled player like Cogliano from Anaheim (in terms of play style), not Johansson. They have too many pure skill guys and not enough grinders/speedsters already, trading Rust for Johansson just makes that way worse.
Yeah, it's understandable.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Not interested in MOJO coming back to the Caps. Reading the last few pages of today's GDT on the Devils board tells me all I need to know. Caps received a 2nd and a third round pick for MOJO when he was traded to the Devils and folks were then saying how the Devils had won that trade and that the Caps were taken to the cleaners. Evidently, many no longer believe that about the trade.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Not interested in MOJO coming back to the Caps. Reading the last few pages of today's GDT on the Devils board tells me all I need to know. Caps received a 2nd and a third round pick for MOJO when he was traded to the Devils and folks were then saying how the Devils had won that trade and that the Caps were taken to the cleaners. Evidently, many no longer believe that about the trade.

Some of it is courtesy of Marchand's elbow. How he only got 5 games for that, I'll never understand. Devils not having a 2nd line center does not help, either.

Still cannot believe Edmonton could not come up with a better offer for Johansson than what we got from the Devils. A winger who can actually keep up with McDavid, on a cheap contract. He is not going to drive play on his own but he absolutely can finish off plays.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Some of it is courtesy of Marchand's elbow. How he only got 5 games for that, I'll never understand. Devils not having a 2nd line center does not help, either.

Still cannot believe Edmonton could not come up with a better offer for Johansson than what we got from the Devils. A winger who can actually keep up with McDavid, on a cheap contract. He is not going to drive play on his own but he absolutely can finish off plays.

Eh, MoJo is probably more to blame for our 2nd line being miserable than Zacha. Zacha is at least sound defensively while MoJo turns the puck over like it's a grenade and is leading the team in plus/minus for a reason.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Eh, MoJo is probably more to blame for our 2nd line being miserable than Zacha. Zacha is at least sound defensively while MoJo turns the puck over like it's a grenade and is leading the team in plus/minus for a reason.

I'm not going to defend the guy too much. God knows, he has plenty of flaws.

However, this here is a perfect example of a player been placed in a position to fail. Sorry, man but being paired with Zacha could make Ovechkin look offensively challenged.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
The Caps, and most other teams, like the player but truly hate the contract. That's why they moved him, and for a half decent return, in retrospect.

This guy is playing out his year in NJ and then taking a pay cut as a UFA this summer to stick in the league.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'm not going to defend the guy too much. God knows, he has plenty of flaws.

However, this here is a perfect example of a player been placed in a position to fail. Sorry, man but being paired with Zacha could make Ovechkin look offensively challenged.

Zacha has been much better than Johansson the past few games. It isn't even really close.

Reactions: 135ace

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
If we can get one of our picks back...even if it's just the third I'll be happy. Wonder if Ray looks for a Pearson/Hagelin deal though.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Zacha has been much better than Johansson the past few games. It isn't even really close.

Absolutely. At least Zacha can kill penalties and be above average defensively. A soft perimeter is absolutely useless when they’re not producing.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I mean you can say the same for Zacha. He’s been stuck with MoJo and whatever plug has been in replacing Bratt for most of the season. Zacha also doesn’t totally kill plays and momentum the way MoJo does. Zacha’s specialty is shooting off target or passing to MoJo who proceeds to instantly kill the play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad