Value of: Marcus Johansson

crazyroyal12

Aug 21, 2014
Ottawa
Probably similar to what Ryan Dzingel would fetch. A first rounder from a cup contender or a 2nd rounder and an OK prospect.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Johansson has been trending downwards for 647 days.

He can probably do with a new surrounding.

Straight up swap for Kyle Okposo?

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Johansson has been trending downwards for 647 days.

He can probably do with a new surrounding.

Straight up swap for Kyle Okposo?

No interest in Okposo from the Devils. NJD need defense as priority number one.....preferably RHD but it would be pretty hard to turn down a first round pick for MoJo.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He'd be someone I'd consider for 3C on the Penguins. Can't see how a deal works...

How has he been recently? When I watch the Devils I tend to focus on Will Butcher.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Johansson needs a strong center to help him thrive and the Devils currently don't really have a 2C on the roster. I can't imagine he will be re-signed unless he really picks it up in the next 1-2 months

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
2019 2nd + Kassian

Might have trouble with capspace when Sekera comes back but yolo (If so retain 1.5m and well throw in a 4th)

Keep Kassian, we'll retain, and make that 4th your (or NYI) 2019 3rd.

I'd much rather try to work out a hockey trade that lands us an impact roster player that has fallen out of favor elsewhere, but if we're talking strictly futures, I'd be happy with this. We recoup exactly what we spent on him a couple years ago.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Keep Kassian, we'll retain, and make that 4th your (or NYI) 2019 3rd.

I'd much rather try to work out a hockey trade that lands us an impact roster player that has fallen out of favor elsewhere, but if we're talking strictly futures, I'd be happy with this. We recoup exactly what we spent on him a couple years ago.

2nd + 4th is all im offering personally for a retained Mojo.
Patty Maroon only got a 3rd from ya'll last season and IMO he's better than Mojo is.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
2nd + 4th is all im offering personally for a retained Mojo.
Patty Maroon only got a 3rd from ya'll last season and IMO he's better than Mojo is.

We'll just get that from another organization, and not have to retain.

Id give up 2nd + 5th + Cagguila from the Oilers.

Done deal.

I'd give up a 2nd + mid pick straight up

Or Pulju + Lucic (1.5m retained) + 1st/2nd
For Zacha + MoJo

I want absolutely nothing to do with that Lucic contract.

You guys made your bed with that one, sorry.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Johansson needs a strong center to help him thrive and the Devils currently don't really have a 2C on the roster. I can't imagine he will be re-signed unless he really picks it up in the next 1-2 months
Perhaps a bit of a semantic discussion here.. but I doubt he'd even want to re-sign with the Devils if he's going to be put on our second line with (insert AHL player) as his second line center for most of the year.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Are there any underperforming players the Devils can trade MoJo? Such as Pearson, Hagelin, Strome or Spooner?

Johansson is so frustrating player when he isn't producing. However I'm quite sure that he could revive his career for instance in Pittsburgh or some other team where he had a chance to play with better offensive players than in the Devils.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad