Former Bruins Marcus Johansson - Sabres sign forward Marcus Johansson to two-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I guess his preferred/natural position is center... coyle is better suited for wing based on what ive heard most people say.

pastrnak/Bergeron/marchand
coyle/krejci/debrusk
backes/Johansson/Heinen
wagner/accari/Nordstrom/kuraly
stemniak

its a stronger 14 man forward lineup then we had last year... probably as strong a group as weve had since 2011

I will need to see how the chemistry plays out with everyone before I get too excited but im warming up to the idea once I see it written out on paper

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Bruins could never afford that contract Stone signed

I just don't think they had a prospect of Brannstrom's caliber to offer. You could argue about Vaak but I wouldn't blame Ottawa if they thought Brannstrom was a much better bet.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
My issue with the Marchand incident isn't about residual bad blood or anything. It's that Johansson took forever to get back from that, and it wasn't his first concussion.

I just don't want another Rick Nash in our hands where one little bump to the head and we've thrown away assets for a rental.

But you can't win money if you don't buy a scratch ticket, and the deadline is all a gamble anyway.

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I've watched him a lot (well when not injured) and he can be a legit top 6 when motivated and skating hard. he's got really good skills, good with the pick..

He totally disappears at times though. But this could help him get another pay day so I hope he seizes the opportunity. I would honestly like to see him with Krejci and Pasta. Use 74-13-22 on the third line.

he is NOT a 3rd line player in the sense the Bruins use for their 3rd liners.
thx for the input, I know you live there and have access most of us don`t. Honestly liked this guy a ton when he was with the Caps but not playing the B`s. Super hands, good speed, Devils just never really a good fit. I think there`s a good chance we`ll appreciate this move as we march towards and into the playoffs.

Leafs didn`t improve
Isles did nothing really
Bolts nothing although likely didn`t need to do much

While I would have loved a true scorer , this move along with Coyle`s will allow Butch some lineup options and give the B`s some nice depth

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Someone sell me on this guy.
His numbers are milk toast.
Low goals (3rd/4th liner numbers), single digit penalty minutes (soft), etc.
Why are we giving up a 2R and 4R and not letting the kids have a chance?

Pros
- Middle 6 winger who can play center
- Above average two way ability
- Skills and speed above average without sacrificing size ( 6,1, 205 )
- Still in his prime
- Solid complimentary player
- Won't break the bank if they resign

Cons

- Not very physical
- Inconsistent

His numbers are far from a 4th liner. He's an average to possibly above average middle 6 player.

Reactions: Cronuss

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
We’ll see. If he plays on the 3rd line, that would be a pretty f***ing good line...

But have needed more for awhile now. Maybe we’ll get an actual top 6 winger in the offseason...

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
MoJo - Coyle - Backes or Cehlarik - Coyle - MoJo

Depends on where they actually put him. Do you put MoJo with Debrusk/Krejci? We’ll see how he looks on Wednesday.

Maybe Backes to the 4th line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad