Marcus Foligno

msm29

Was htsportplaya
Jul 1, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hey, Sabres fan here who hasn't seen Foligno play too much. 4th round pick in '09, son of Mike and brother of Nick, currently playing for Sudbury in the OHL.

He's got size (6'1") and has been pegged as a grinder since being drafted, but this year he's putting up pretty good offensive numbers.

18 GP, 12 G, 12 A, 24 P, 34 PIM
16 GP, 9 G, 17 A, 26 P, 25 PIM

One is Kassian, the other is Foligno (in no order).

Just looking for other fans' thoughts on the kid. Is he developing an offensive game where he might be a future 2nd/3rd liner or is he just another kid putting up good numbers juniors?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Hes definitely a fan fav up here in Sudbury, nice guy too from what I've heard. That being said I wouldnt expect him to ever to be a 2nd liner in the NHL, but he's got to the potential to be an excellent third liner. Not a great comparison, but think of something like a Chris Neil type player, not inept offensively, and has great tools to be a bottom sixer.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I agree with Sambo I don't think he really has the ability to be a top 6 player at the next level. But, he should at least be a solid 3/4th liner, he finishes all of his checks and has descent hands but scoring will never be his forte. He gives his all every shift and will be relied more for his physicality and defensive game. He was also playing Center last year which wasn't his natural position and this season appears much more comfortable on left wing. Also he is closer to 6'3-6'4 than he is to 6'1.

msm29

Was htsportplaya
Jul 1, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I agree with Sambo I don't think he really has the ability to be a top 6 player at the next level. But, he should at least be a solid 3/4th liner, he finishes all of his checks and has descent hands but scoring will never be his forte. He gives his all every shift and will be relied more for his physicality and defensive game. He was also playing Center last year which wasn't his natural position and this season appears much more comfortable on left wing. Also he is closer to 6'3-6'4 than he is to 6'1.

That's what I thought from seeing him at the prospects camp. Him and Riley Boychuk look very alike size-wise. Still, I'm excited about that idea of having a guy who simply brings it night in and night out on the team in a few years.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad