Value of: Marco Scandella

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
so the cost for coyle is eichel, reinhart or mitts lol? Just making sure we are on the same page. Obviously my post was satire but now I wanna be clear...

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
so the cost for coyle is eichel, reinhart or mitts lol? Just making sure we are on the same page. Obviously my post was satire but now I wanna be clear...
That's not what I said. I'll be more clear.

If we give up Coyle we're left with Koivu, Staal, Fehr and Ek as centers. Staal and Fehr are UFA's, Koivu's getting quite old, and Ek hasn't really shown himself to be an NHL caliber player yet. Coyle is young and doing as well at center as anyone could ask him to lately, so trading him presents a pretty serious problem. If the Wild are going to blow that sort of a hole in their roster, both this year and going forward, they need some way to fill it. Do you see the Sabres offering anything that could do that? Because I don't.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
If you are happy paying a guy 5.25M for a 32 pt./yr, then I don't know what to say to you.
Yeah that's the one thing that gives me hesitation about pursuing Nino from a Sabres POV. He's on pace for a 40 point season this year, after coming off an injury riddled year last year. There's plenty of risk taking him on for several more seasons after this at over a 5 million dollar cap hit (with a back loaded deal to boot). If the price were Scandella and something minimal I'd likely do it, but I can see why that may not excite Wild fans.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
A center not named Girgensons, Larsson, Sobotka or Asplund.

Evan Rodrigues it is, because that's the only option left that isn't Eichel, and if you think there's anything in Minnesota's system that gets you even within sniffing distance of him :help:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Evan Rodrigues it is, because that's the only option left that isn't Eichel, and if you think there's anything in Minnesota's system that gets you even within sniffing distance of him :help:
Again, the Sabres don't have what we need available for trade. That's all.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Well, "IF" Buffalo wanted to move Scandella, given Sabres GM Jason Botterill's most recent interview comments, it would most likely be in a package deal for a youngish NHL player with term.

A "BIG" part of Buffalo's successful emergence from the basement has been their defensive depth. Particularly on the left side, and while I completely agree Scandella would be the most likely candidate to go given term of contract combined with the youth surging on Buffalo's blueline, I don't believe Botterill, or Housley for that matter, are very eager at all to move him given the playoff race implications for the team over all.

That being said, I would have to ask which teams are looking for a 3/4 LHD? That would go a long way to answering the OP's question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad