Value of: Marco Scandella

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
If the Habs weren't fighting Buffalo for the same wildcard spot, they'd likely be interested.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Eberle and Pelech (to replace him). Basically it's an Eberle rental for a year of Scandella (I think Pelech is a longer, cheaper contract too).

If you re-sign Eberle you give us a 2020 2nd too.

Reactions: kundahlini

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Eberle and Pelech (to replace him). Basically it's an Eberle rental for a year of Scandella (I think Pelech is a longer, cheaper contract too).

I think I'd do this.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

whats the cap hit from your side?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Nino for Scandella? Not sure that MN fans will be with me on this one. Brodin can play RD till Dumba recovers. We could then entertain trading a Dman should it advance the team in the future.

Still think that MTL should be in on Scandella. It's a natural fit. Can't believe that Scandella has forgotten how to play D.
'It would be kind of stupid for MN to trade a forward for a Dman, though.

Last edited:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Nino for Scandella? Not sure that MN fans will be with me on this one. Brodin can play RD till Dumba recovers. We could then entertain trading a Dman should it advance the team in the future.

Still think that MTL should be in on Scandella. It's a natural fit. Can't believe that Scandella has forgotten how to play D.
The return on Spurgeon/Brodin would have to be apocalyptically good for this to be worthwhile, in my mind.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
The return on Spurgeon/Brodin would have to be apocalyptically good for this to be worthwhile, in my mind.
Trust me, I know! They are my two fav players on the Wild. Imagine Spurgeon/Scandella, Brodin/Suter, reunited? Big time soap opera stuff, right there.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

'It would be kind of stupid for MN to trade a forward for a Dman, though.

He does seem like a fit for the Habs, but I doubt Buffalo will sell him to a division rival, and the Habs would be reluctant to give up a forward it would take to land him.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004

That would be selling low on Nino - it will take more than a half season of struggles to get me to make that trade.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
he's injured.
Oh I gotcha; the pairings threw me. For some reason I was thinking of this as an offseason thing, which is dumb in hindsight.

I still kind of hate it, but concede that there's some sense to it if Fenton thinks he's got the right follow-up trade lined up in the summer. I still think Buffalo needs to add, though.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oh I gotcha; the pairings threw me. For some reason I was thinking of this as an offseason thing, which is dumb in hindsight.

I still kind of hate it, but concede that there's some sense to it if Fenton thinks he's got the right follow-up trade lined up in the summer. I still think Buffalo needs to add, though.
Oh, it doesn't make a lot of sense, just throwing stuff against a wall to see what sticks. I would think that BUF would do it, and even throw in a 2nd. They need forward depth.

Then we could consider trading a Brodin/Scandella to MTL w/o it completely gutting our D. Scandella and Suter could arm wrestle over who gets to play with Spurge.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If you are happy paying a guy 5.25M for a 32 pt./yr, then I don't know what to say to you.
Again, he missed about a quarter of the season with an injury and spent many of the games he did play still struggling with that ankle. If he had chronic injury problems it'd one thing, but barring last year he's missed like 3 games since 2013-14. Holding that 32 points up as some sort of new normal for him is disingenuous.

He was on pace for around 20G-20A-40P last year and is on pace for about the same halfway through this year. That's not great production for the contract, but last year shouldn't be held up as indicative of much. I'd let the rest of this season play out before writing him off as nothing more than a 40 pt player going forward.

Reactions: Monkeypox

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
A center not named Girgensons, Larsson, Sobotka or Asplund.

Got me a gently used evan rodriguez waiting for you and to offset your absurd asking price I'll still leave a plus or two on the table that we can discuss...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad