Value of: Marco Scandella (off-season)

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Scandella could be traded thus offseason with him being a free agent in 2020. He also could be signed to a short extension.

Buffalo might be interested in moving scandella for someone with 2 or 3 yrs remaining.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, I think BUF fans should take a deep breath. Last year, Scandella was a top pairing D, according to them, and this year, he's a 3rd pairing D.

I think it's much more likely that he is, and always has been, a second pairing Dman. It's possible that the fluctuation in his play is due to either an injury, players, or system, this year.
Why would we take a deep breath? He's most likely not going to be re-signed next year. Why would we when guys have clearly surpassed him on the depth chart.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Any Buffalo fan should be intimately aware of the need for defensive depth. There's no major cap-need to trade him away, and he's exactly the type of player competing teams look to add before a playoff run to bolster their own depth before the injuries hit.

He should stay put.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Any Buffalo fan should be intimately aware of the need for defensive depth. There's no major cap-need to trade him away, and he's exactly the type of player competing teams look to add before a playoff run to bolster their own depth before the injuries hit.

He should stay put.

Agreed. I was just looking into his value from other teams for the sake of discussion. I do think he could end up being the odd man out. But again, this is simply for the sake of a discussion

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Agreed. I was just looking into his value from other teams for the sake of discussion. I do think he could end up being the odd man out. But again, this is simply for the sake of a discussion
He's worth a 2nd in a deadline deal. Not really what Buffalo is in the market for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad