Value of: Marco Rossi +

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Rossi fits the core age , Ek is at the upper end of it. Ek has more value. This team isn’t competing for anything next year. They arent really even a bubble team.
Ek is 26 years old dude and one of the best C. Holy crap and Rossi doesn’t fit better. In what world doesn’t ek fit? Wild aren’t rebuilding even then they would still keep him

Rossi fits the core age , Ek is at the upper end of it. Ek has more value. This team isn’t competing for anything next year. They arent really even a bubble team.
Ek is 26 years old dude and one of the best C. Holy crap and Rossi doesn’t fit better. In what world doesn’t ek fit? Wild aren’t rebuilding even then they would still keep him .

No matter what you think kaprizov, brodin is still here,. Boldy is too. Faber is too. Our gm and ownership will never rebuild

Reactions: redwings25

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
I personally don’t consider a 22 years old rookie. Just because he couldn’t crack the NHL until he was 22 doesn’t make him a rookie and yes, he’s currently performing as a below-average 2C

So even though he is a rookie - you don't consider him a rookie?

As a rookie he is outperforming all but 3 other rookies - but because he is 22 that doesn't matter?

He lost a significant amount of development time to Myocarditis - so from a development standpoint he is more like a 20 year old...does that help?

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Ek is 26 years old dude and one of the best C. Holy crap and Rossi doesn’t fit better. In what world doesn’t ek fit? Wild aren’t rebuilding even then they would still keep him

Ek is 26 years old dude and one of the best C. Holy crap and Rossi doesn’t fit better. In what world doesn’t ek fit? Wild aren’t rebuilding even then they would still keep him .

No matter what you think kaprizov, brodin is still here,. Boldy is too. Faber is too. Our gm and ownership will never rebuild
This team is not going to be remotely considered a contender for at least another 2 years. Kap will be gone and Ek will be 28/29. I say sell high and build for the next core.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
This team is not going to be remotely considered a contender for at least another 2 years. Kap will be gone and Ek will be 28/29. I say sell high and build for the next core.
According to you kap will
Be gone? Literally Russo has said wild are prepared as soon they are able to offer a monster extension. You don’t trade an ek . Seems you just don’t like him

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Be gone? Literally Russo has said wild are prepared as soon they are able to offer a monster extension. You don’t trade an ek . Seems you just don’t like him

Well - I wouldnt go as far to say that you dont trade an Ek. Plenty of Ek's have been traded throughout the years.

Ek just helps this team a lot more than Rossi does once we are ready to compete. Rossi could help us get some D prospects that can replace spurgeon etc...and set us up better to compete once the buyouts are done.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Ek is my favorite player , Kap may well pull a Gaborik. Guerin is trash and nobody likes losing. I would want out of MN if I was Kap. We’ve already wasted a lot of his prime.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
So even though he is a rookie - you don't consider him a rookie?

As a rookie he is outperforming all but 3 other rookies - but because he is 22 that doesn't matter?

He lost a significant amount of development time to Myocarditis - so from a development standpoint he is more like a 20 year old...does that help?

Oh well Dach has missed almost 3 full season due to injuries so from a development standpoint he’s still 19? Is that how it works?

Because it ruins their argument
Exactly.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't blame people for not wanting to give up a top 5 pick. I also don't have much interest in trading him for less than that.

Rather just bet on what I've seen and keep both top 6 centers on the roster.

Reactions: Sendhelplease

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Because Rossi is a substantially better player… It’s not that hard to figure out.
But is he? Newhook is ~7 months older and so far has outproduced Rossi for pretty much all of their respective career. I mean, even this year Newhook has a better PPG ratio than Rossi. To me they look pretty even/comparable. What am I missing here?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Rossi's 22 year old season is better than Newhook's.
Newhook played ~80% of his 22 years old season/games this year but sure, let’s say it was last year, slightly better. Still prove my point that they’re pretty much in the same tier of player/comparables

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Rossi would fix a definite hole for the Devils but outside a 1st that is definitely in flux to where it will land its hard to see how a deal would work?

If the Wild are moving Rossi I doubt they would want Holtz, Nemec and L. Lughes wouldn't be a part of the deal. Mercer definitely doesn't seem like a fit based off what the OP is saying.

Other Devils fans might crucify me for suggesting this but..

Seamus Casey + 2024 1st round pick

for

Rossi + 2025 3rd

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Apparently there have been constant rumors that Guerin wants to move the kid. Keep in mind that Guerin is an idiot.

If he moves him, I hope it backfires spectacularly.
That would be immensely dumb. The kid is coming into his own. But as you stated dumb people do dumb things. No rhyme or reason.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
That would be immensely dumb. The kid is coming into his own. But as you stated dumb people do dumb things. No rhyme or reason.
Guerin is a petty man with an ego and no patience. Sounds like he thinks Rossi is too small and weak. He prefers big, slow, grit-first, offensively challenged guys like Freddy Gaudreau.

If he were the GM during Ek's early years, I have no doubt he would have traded him. Ek took his time progressing early on, and Billy wouldn't have had the patience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad