Confirmed with Link: Marco Kasper joining Grand Rapids for remainder of season (Recalled to DET 03.30.23)

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I'm going to take this opportunity to again stump for Monahan. He has the skills to center either middle6 line, his cost and term should be very controlled, and it allows us to move Copp to either line. Also, because his cost/term should be pretty modest it would allow us to bury him on a lower line/smaller role if we still managed to land bigger fish elsewhere.
Id be hesitant. I’m not sure he’d produce in our system. St. Louis is pretty loosey goosey with his forwards and I think it allows lots of guys to produce in that system who wouldn’t produce elsewhere.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm absolutely onboard with bending over LA or Edmonton to take on Petersen or Campbell

I think Edmonton gives Campbell another year to pull it together. He had a career worse season at probably the worst moment, but it could also just be a weird outlier for him. If he rebounds to career norms for the rest of the deal, he would look to be a pretty stable guy and a nice 1B for Skinner's 1A.

Id be hesitant. I’m not sure he’d produce in our system. St. Louis is pretty loosey goosey with his forwards and I think it allows lots of guys to produce in that system who wouldn’t produce elsewhere.

Monahan put up points in Calgary before that. He had three 60 point seasons and an 80 point season, but as others have brought up injuries hit him and he hasn't been able to right the ship.

Reactions: PullHard

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I think Edmonton gives Campbell another year to pull it together. He had a career worse season at probably the worst moment, but it could also just be a weird outlier for him. If he rebounds to career norms for the rest of the deal, he would look to be a pretty stable guy and a nice 1B for Skinner's 1A.

Monahan put up points in Calgary before that. He had three 60 point seasons and an 80 point season, but as others have brought up injuries hit him and he hasn't been able to right the ship.
I know he did, but those days are long gone after the hip surgeries at least. And that doesn’t really negate my point - I don’t expect the guy to put up what he did in Montreal here. I don’t think he’s rejuvenated or something.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Yeah, I think teams panic a little too much for the first season of deals, that I think you need to at least wait into the start of the next season to see what is for sure. Sometimes it can be the new environment and taking time to gel with new teammates and such. That is why I think we give Chiarot at least the first 5-15 games of next season and if he still the same, then fire him off to somewhere far away.

Reactions: SirloinUB

1878rgw

Jun 29, 2017
The article says he started off ice training again, and he will do his school exam in Sweden in June, smart guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad