Marchand vs Seguin

Who do you take going forward including contracts?

• Marchand

• Seguin

Results are only viewable after voting.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
probably because he's better...just resign Seguin once his contracts up and he doesn't have a bad on ice reputation that goes with him you wouldn't have to worry too much about suspensions. Oh yeah and Seguin is 26 in the middle of his prime while Marchand is 30 now.
Marchand is better. Top defensive winger putting up elite points per game numbers. And Seguin is about to get paid a lot more than Marchand

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Marchand is better. Top defensive winger putting up elite points per game numbers. And Seguin is about to get paid a lot more than Marchand
yeah ugh Marchand literally started putting up elite points the past 2 seasons while Seguin has done it for like 5 years and is still in prime age. I'd hardly call Marchand all that defensive considering he wouldn't get away with half the things he does for most of the other teams in the league.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
yeah ugh Marchand literally started putting up elite points the past 2 seasons while Seguin has done it for like 5 years and is still in prime age. I'd hardly call Marchand all that defensive considering he wouldn't get away with half the things he does for most of the other teams in the league.
At the very least Marchand is an elite penalty killer and one of the top scoring players in the league

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
At the very least Marchand is an elite penalty killer and one of the top scoring players in the league
well according to this he'll be 37 by the end of the contract so have fun with that once Seguin is signed he'll probably be signed for 6-7 so you can ship him off at 33-34 which is a lot more reasonable considering the winger will definitely slow down first.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
well according to this he'll be 37 by the end of the contract so have fun with that once Seguin is signed he'll probably be signed for 6-7 so you can ship him off at 33-34 which is a lot more reasonable considering the winger will definitely slow down first.
With the cap rising 6.2 will be managable

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Wild guess: it implies that they might choose differently if contracts were not included. Do you even read?
of course i "even read". if i didn't "even read", i wouldn't have pointed him out on it...

he should have said "if contracts were not included, i'd take seguin" instead

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

An outsider would not be expected to know but it's a very different system with Claude gone.

The latter half of this post is utter garbage.

Marchand is also the better player and a very hard worker.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009

The second part of this post is just completely wrong. Marchand is an elite PKer and elite defensively.

Seeing as the cap is going up and Seguin will probably make $9-10mm a year I don't see how anyone could possibly take Seguin here.

Both great players and wish seguin was still a bruin, but 3-4mm is significant in a cap world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad