Next 4 years, Marchy or Kuch?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Kucherov is 25 and isn't slowing down any time soon.....he also likely isn't going to miss nearly as many games.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
March is damn good. A real POS but damn good. Lots of respect for him... actually *lots of good stuff to say about his playing abilities. But I think this is Kuch no question

Tramux

Habs
Apr 27, 2016
Finland
If we count in possible suspensions then its Kuch easy, if not still Kucherov but it is as close as it gets

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
All depends on how hard Kuch tries imo, he has the talent to be the 2nd best player in the world but doesn’t bring it consistently. Last night Kuch looked like that elite player though he had some bad puck luck. Saturday he looked meh. He’s an inconsistent player but when he’s on he’s as good as anyone not named Connor McDavid.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
$6.15M/ year vs $9.5M a year for essentially the same production with Marchand being better defensively.

Seems awfully easy with contracts included, no?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is actually really close, I think. Kucherov CAN be the better player, but we're deep enough into the season that his performance, combined with last year's playoffs, is worrisome to say the least. Kucherov's style of play walks a very, very fine line. He's cerebral and methodical, and relies on dynamic changes in speed, like, he'll lull you to sleep and then suddenly have a burst of speed and create a play. However, when he's not 100% dialed in, and he's miss-timing those bursts, it just looks like he's playing so, so, so soft, and then giving the puck away.

If Kuch doesn't find his game soon, unfortunately I think the answer might be Marchand here.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
This is actually really close, I think. Kucherov CAN be the better player, but we're deep enough into the season that his performance, combined with last year's playoffs, is worrisome to say the least. Kucherov's style of play walks a very, very fine line. He's cerebral and methodical, and relies on dynamic changes in speed, like, he'll lull you to sleep and then suddenly have a burst of speed and create a play. However, when he's not 100% dialed in, and he's miss-timing those bursts, it just looks like he's playing so, so, so soft, and then giving the puck away.

If Kuch doesn't find his game soon, unfortunately I think the answer might be Marchand here.
Yeah, but last night definitely inspired confidence in Kuch for me

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Eh the careers are kind of heading in the opposite direction. Marchand is a great player but if we are talking the next 4 years you have to choose Kucherov.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
All depends on how hard Kuch tries imo, he has the talent to be the 2nd best player in the world but doesn’t bring it consistently. Last night Kuch looked like that elite player though he had some bad puck luck. Saturday he looked meh. He’s an inconsistent player but when he’s on he’s as good as anyone not named Connor McDavid.

It's amazing he's only 25, feels like he's been around forever going back to the triplet line. But yeah, he seems to have some of – let us call it Alexander Mogilny Syndrome.

If you're disinterested, at least try to hide it better.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's amazing he's only 25, feels like he's been around forever going back to the triplet line. But yeah, he seems to have some of – let us call it Alexander Mogilny Syndrome.

If you're disinterested, at least try to hide it better.

I think that's a lazy argument. It's too easy to say "He's not trying." His style of play looks that way a lot of the time, but it also looks that way when he's completely on top of his game and scoring boatloads of goals. He glides. He doesn't turn on the jets until he has a reason to do it. He makes soft stickhandling moves. And, when he's not dialed in, these lead to turnovers. But it's not a matter of effort. It's a matter of his 100% finesse game being a detriment when it's not working.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
kucherov easily. 100pt winger > 85pt winger

85 in 68 games, pace of 103 points, you make it sound like he just barely PPG.

I wouldn't go around saying Matthews is just a 69 point center because he misses time with injuries.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Kucherov without a doubt.

Makes it so much easier to call him Kuchy Kuchy Koo before he punches me in the face for doing that.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
$6.15M/ year vs $9.5M a year for essentially the same production with Marchand being better defensively.

Seems awfully easy with contracts included, no?

Kucherov is still under 5 for this year though and Marchand is 30. Is Marchand going to keep up his play into his 30s? The odds of a 25 year old Kucherov maintaining his production seem better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad