Marchand Lick: The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knotty Moog

May 12, 2012
Los Angeles
lmao you are still here?
weren't you complaining about this thread like 40 pages ago?

you can't give it a rest until all boston fans take over this thread to normalize this behaviour hey?

disgusting

It truly is disgusting. I told my local church group about how Bruins fans are posting on a random internet message board.

Make a long story short, they are making signs and planning a protest march as we speak.

I invited info wars too

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Huh?

I’ve been clear in stating I’m going to wait and see how this whole “you can only lick leafs players” thing pans out.

Maybe it won’t bother me that much. I’ll have to wait till next year to see.

But the nhl couldn’t be any clearer in what’s happening.

Marchand repeatedly licks up leaf players, and it was seen as perfectly fine. But once he starts licking Tampa players? The league immediately gives him a warning.

I just find it strange is all. I’d prefer a league where you’re not allowed to lick anybody. But the league has mandated you can only lick leaf players. If they keep making these weird rules that you can only do to leaf players, I may start cheering for another team. No bid deal. It’s no big deal at all.
Up to 9 or 10.

You love repeating yourself...

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
The sad thing is I think he has a young son. What a role model. "Daddy why were you licking that guys face?"

a week later he gets suspended from school for licking a girls face on the playground.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
The sad thing is I think he has a young son. What a role model. "Daddy why were you licking that guys face?"

a week later he gets suspended from school for licking a girls face on the playground.

my guess is that the child would get suspended for liking a BOYS face not the playround

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Kind of an overreaction, no?

No, not really. What if Marchand has Hepatitis, or Herpes, or any number of diseases that are easily transmitted through saliva? Not so funny then, is it?

He would be in f***ing jail if he transmitted ANY disease to another person by non consensually licking them on the mouth. Full stop.

I'll tell you what. I have a ton of respect for Callahan. Because if he licked me on the mouth, I would have buried my stick right in his throat. I would have then pummeled his face into hamburger until someone pulled me off him.

Reactions: Lilou and helax

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

After which the league gets their own taste of Getzlaf-y homophobia accusations when people not into hockey choose to emphasize on the implications of the 'un-manlike'.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
No, not really. What if Marchand has Hepatitis, or Herpes, or any number of diseases that are easily transmitted through saliva? Not so funny then, is it?

He would be in ****ing jail if he transmitted ANY disease to another person by non consensually licking them on the mouth. Full stop.

I'll tell you what. I have a ton of respect for Callahan. Because if he licked me on the mouth, I would have buried my stick right in his throat. I would have then pummeled his face into hamburger until someone pulled me off him.

A very understandable reaction and I approve of this post.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I’m not reading a lot of sensitivity in here towards those struggling with mental health issues. It’s a compulsion and he can’t help it, he sees something salty and he needs to lick it. It’s something I’m sure he is struggling with but occasionally has relapses and people should be more understanding. It can’t be an easy condition to deal with in our ultra conservative society.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
1) What happens if Marchand has HSV-1 (oral Herpes) and spreads it.....hundreds of thousands of people have it and don't even know. Then what? It's not likely, but I can tell you it's not impossible either

2) This is a disgusting look for the league, if I wasn't already a hockey fan and seen this,
I never would be. It's beyond belief this guy keeps doing this.

Next time it happens it needs to be 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike and a GAME misconduct. Put an end to this disgrace now Bettman!

Tonysil

Jan 1, 2013
Springfield, MA
Marchand's licking people is far from the most embarrassing thing going on in this series so it's no wonder why the NHL is trying to deflect attention.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Wow the NHL really laid down the law here, I'm sure Marchand is still feeling the sting of getting that warning. I hear the league was thinking about fining him as much as $1.25 but eventually decide that was too extreme of a punishment. My only question is will he even be fit to play in game 5, or will he be so devastated from that warning that he'll need some time away from the game to recover.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

He would be in ****ing jail if he transmitted ANY disease to another person by non consensually licking them on the mouth. Full stop.

And what if Callahan's couple stiff shots (prior to the lick) to the face caused a concussion? You're playing on what ifs but only criticizing one party.

If Marchand got a concussion from one of those shots.. You're just saying "oh well, hockey play?"

There's a much higher chance of getting long term damage from being hit in the face/head than being licked.

Reactions: burstnbloom

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Callahan stiff shotted Marchand in the face twice prior to the lick.

"Daddy why were you punching him?"

One week later his daughter is suspended from school for punching another child in the face, twice, in science class.

See, I can do it too.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I’m not reading a lot of sensitivity in here towards those struggling with mental health issues. It’s a compulsion and he can’t help it, he sees something salty and he needs to lick it. It’s something I’m sure he is struggling with but occasionally has relapses and people should be more understanding. It can’t be an easy condition to deal with in our ultra conservative society.
Yeah make a mockery out of mental health issues.

Good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad