Proposal: Marchand for Boedker

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Hey Coyotes fans, just wanted to get your opinions on this trade proposal. I admit I don't get to see many Coyotes games in my timezone, so it's tough to gauge Boedker's value or importance to your organization.

From Boston

Brad Marchand
Matt Bartowski

for

Mikkel Boedker
4th Round Draft Pick

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Not a bad deal and I would love Marchand but it's not a good time to move Boedker for the Yotes. He's been getting better each of the last few years and was just moved back to RW half way through this year which helped his game more. If his play stagnated this year I'd be more open to moving him, but for now I'd be very reluctant to move him before seeing just how high his game can rise with the Yotes.

ETA: also we don't have a 4th this year.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Not a bad deal value wise but as much as I'd like to see Marchand in a Yotes uniform, Marchand for Boedker is a lateral move we really shouldn't be making, esp. when Boedker is steadily becoming the top 6 two-way forward we want him to be.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
We don't want to get rid of Boedker. To me this is a lateral move at best. Just my opinion

Lateral? Marchand has been a consistent 20 plus goal scorer ever since he settled into the league, which was back in 2010. Boedker has never even reached 20 goals and he's played more minutes per game than Marchand the past couple of years. Marchand also adds that grit and agitating skills that our team severely lacks.

I know we love our players here but we overvalue them so much.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Lateral? Marchand has been a consistent 20 plus goal scorer ever since he settled into the league, which was back in 2010. Boedker has never even reached 20 goals and he's played more minutes per game than Marchand the past couple of years. Marchand also adds that grit and agitating skills that our team severely lacks.

Marchand to this point has been a better goal scorer than Boedker, but he's pretty streaky in that regard as well. And his numbers are certainly helped by the fact that he's been tied to the hip to arguably the best two-way center in the league in Bergeron. As for his agitation - yes we need a troll guy, but Marchand recently has been crossing the line w/ undisciplined play and refs are much more willing to throw reputation calls at him.

So yes, Marchand for Boedker is a lateral move. If we are interested, we should be trying to add him to our Top 6 w/o swapping him with one of our Top 6 forwards - especially one who is far more disciplined and may have some offensive upside left untapped.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Marchand has been very consistent but has not improved point wise over the years. Boedker is developing and improving every year, especially the last two, and is two years younger. I feel Boedker will become the better of the two. Today I would say it is a lateral move, and one I would not do if I was the coyotes.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

Your point is taken but it's also worth noting that Marchand has spent his career thus far on one of the best teams in the entire NHL. I'd be less surprised about Boedker going to Boston and scoring 65+ than I would about Marchand coming here and scoring in the low 40 range.

Credit to OP though, it's actually a solid proposal! One thing though OP, this isn't 1995, make use of your DVR!

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I'd much rather have Boedker's speed over Marchand's grit.
They are essentially the same player statistically, with the edge to Brad.

But Boedker is developing perfectly. Strong defensively and becoming stronger offensively, and he works his ass off every night. His estimated upside on his draft day was a 2nd liner, but he is proving he can be a legitimate 1st line player.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Yea I'd have to pass as well, I'm sure Marchand would do well here but we need to add more top 6 guys and Marchand is not a significant enough upgrade over Boedker to justify the move. Good value, and I'd be for acquiring him, but I'm not sure we could give you anything outside of Yandle for Marchand+.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Not a bad proposal though, good value.

It's changing tires for the sake of changing them. Lateral at best, could be a disaster if Marchand doesn't produce here and Boedker continues to improve.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Your point is taken but it's also worth noting that Marchand has spent his career thus far on one of the best teams in the entire NHL. I'd be less surprised about Boedker going to Boston and scoring 65+ than I would about Marchand coming here and scoring in the low 40 range.

Credit to OP though, it's actually a solid proposal! One thing though OP, this isn't 1995, make use of your DVR!

But I don't have a DVR, or a TV package for that matter :laugh:

Thanks for the feedback Coyotes fans, greatly appreciated. I agree mostly a lateral move for you guys, probably helps Boston more than Phoenix because Marchand is becoming a bit of a liability at this point with the calls he is getting against him, not all deserved but the refs know his reputation. Good luck next season!

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010

+1 to this.

Some of us are going a little overboard on our players value..

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
+1 to this.

Some of us are going a little overboard on our players value..

Marchand is older, more expensive, and had a whopping two points on Boedker last season despite playing for Boston.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I would take Marchand in a minute over Boedker. Marchand adds something that is missing with a lot of players in the NHL. He's got a ton of grit PLUS he's a very skilled player.

Boedker is not a bad player dont get me wrong. But I think people get caught up in his pretty skating style.

Marchand gets BETTER in the playoffs. I love the guy as a player. You cannot look at a player like Marchand and say he's only got a couple of more points then Boedker. He adds so much more then points.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Marchand gets BETTER in the playoffs.

Marchand was money for the Bs in their 2011 Cup run (19 points in 25 games), but since then his production has been more pedestrian (20 points in 41 games) and he was pretty invisible this year. Meanwhile, let's not forget that Boedker had a pretty darn good first playoffs himself. He's no softie either and is far more disciplined than Marchand.

Again, I'd love to see Marchand in Sedona red. But not at the expense of Boedker.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Marchand gets away with being a rat because he plays for Boston. If he came here I doubt he would be half the player he is now. Especially without having Bergeron on his line. He would likely get his ass handed to him on a nightly basis here without Lucic, Thorton, and Chara sticking up for his antics. Boedker is just now staring to break through and realize some of his potential. Marchand has likely reached his ceiling.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Hey Coyotes fans, just wanted to get your opinions on this trade proposal. I admit I don't get to see many Coyotes games in my timezone, so it's tough to gauge Boedker's value or importance to your organization.

From Boston

Brad Marchand
Matt Bartowski

for

Mikkel Boedker
4th Round Draft Pick

Marchand is a very nice player.

But there is no way that we will give up our future (and likely current) best winger on the team. If it was something like Marchand + Krug for Boedker + Stone/Samuelsson, I would be much more willing to consider. But that package doesn't to much to assuage the loss of Boeds.

British yote

May 16, 2014
England
I used to be a bruins fan and he was one of my favourite players, but I can
Only see his points going down here and boedkers points going up next season in boston

Edit
That might be alittle harsh, he's numbers probable wouldnt drop here and he would help our pk a lot but I still think boedkers numbers would increase in boston by quite abit

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad