OT: March Madness One Billion Dollar Challenge...and the actual tournament too.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Invisible? In the final minutes he was pretty visible by turning the ball over.

But yeah, he had a very poor game. So many upsets. Two Cinderella teams are now facing each other in the next round (Stanford vs. Dayton).

:laugh:

He didn't demand the ball enough and when he got it he didn't use it to his strengths.

At least in the NBA he won't be facing zonals like that. He really struggled against it.

ace4

Mar 11, 2014
Wiggins is a victim of that awful NBA rule that you need to spend a year in college before going into the draft. Then he picked a school and coach who didn't use him properly. In Kansas first NCAA tournament game, he got all those lob dunks. For some reason, Self decided not to use it against Stanford. Now all those arrogant a**clowns in the States will bash Wiggins while Jabari Parker skates away without criticism. Atleast Kansas lost to a traditionally good basketball school. Duke lost to Mercer which is Macon Georgia's only claim to fame.

yoss

May 25, 2011
March Madness is my second favorite sports tournament. Stanford has acouple Canadians on their squad as well plus personally speaking I root strictly for the underdogs/lower seeds so happy to see Stanford pull off the win.

Team play > athletic ability in college ball. (at least when all the players are talented enough which is the case in the NCAA) It's a different animal than the NBA, more team oriented which i like. Plus a closer three point line makes things interesting. Always dramatic as well. Not sure if its been mentioned, but the first round this year had 4 overtimes which is a new record.

First few rounds are usually my favorite though.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Wow Kentucky over #1 seed Wichita State as well. Plenty of upsets so far.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
This is the best tournament in recent memory.
The majority of the games had been really exciting.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
March Madness is my second favorite sports tournament. Stanford has acouple Canadians on their squad as well plus personally speaking I root strictly for the underdogs/lower seeds so happy to see Stanford pull off the win.

Team play > athletic ability in college ball. (at least when all the players are talented enough which is the case in the NCAA) It's a different animal than the NBA, more team oriented which i like. Plus a closer three point line makes things interesting. Always dramatic as well. Not sure if its been mentioned, but the first round this year had 4 overtimes which is a new record.

First few rounds are usually my favorite though.

Yeah...
I know a lot of people has Stanford as a upset special...
But most of them end their run in the Round of 32.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Unreal finish to the North Carolina Iowa St. game, trading shot for shot right to the end with the timeout that wasn't called in time.

There is nothing quite like shooting foul shots with the game on the line (Or any game winning/losing shots in general.) Senior high a teammate of mine was fouled taking a 3 pointer with no time on the clock down 3 in the 4th quarter. It was the 3rd game of a 3 game series to determine which team went to the provincials.

He nailed all 3 which was clutch as hell and then we lost game in overtime anyways. Only time in my high school career we didn't win zones.

Too bad looks like 14th Mercer is going to lose, but 11 seed Tenessee will move on at least. Good action this year, agree with you guys. Down to the wire in so many games.

-edit- oh wow, Nucks game starts in 5 minutes, honestly almost forgot about that, haha.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Baylor destroyed Creighton.
I did not see that one coming.
I thought it would be close.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
This is the best tournament in recent memory.
The majority of the games had been really exciting.

Yes, agreed. At this point I would say there are at least a half dozen teams that could win the whole thing.

Much different than last year when Louisville looked unstoppable throughout the entire tourney.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Still bummed that Wiggins and Kansas are out.

I was looking forward to a big run from that team.

Joel Embiid was a big part of that team...
But he got hurt before the tournament started...
And they were not going to get far without him.
That said...
I thought they would at least make the Sweet 16.
Oh well.

I have Florida to win it all...
And they are still alive.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Dayton looks good.
They look like they will be the Cinderella team to make the Elite 8.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
*yawn*

Can we just get to the Louisville/Kentucky & Michigan St./Virginia games please.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
First place right now in my pool. 100 bucks in the pot. If Florida loses and Wisconsin makes the final I win. I also think if Wisconsin beats Florida in the final I win too. Let's just say I'll be watching the rest of the games!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad