Kings Video: March 8 -Intense Practice and Drills

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
FromKings News Daily - today's 'very intense' practice, videos of the Kings going all out, Sutter put them through a workout.

From Paul Armbruster (Kings News Daily)

In one of the more intense practices I have personally ever witnessed, Darryl Sutter had the Kings skating, battling and scrambling for about 45 minutes this morning after a 5-2 loss to Dallas last night.

http://kingsnewsdaily.com/intense-the-knd-practice-report-for-march-8th/

Captain Mittens*

mqdefault.jpg

Again!

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
They didn't lose that game due to poor conditioning. They lost because some of they were stupid and had blown coverages.

Physically they dominated Dallas. Maybe a tough practice will remind them to stay focused though.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
They didn't lose that game due to poor conditioning. They lost because some of they were stupid and had blown coverages.

Physically they dominated Dallas. Maybe a tough practice will remind them to stay focused though.

100% correct. This was a pull your head out of your *** type of practice, and with the amount of goals this team has been giving-up lately, they kinda needed it.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Quotes from Sutter from today's post practice scrum. I love this one:
http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/03/08/march-8-practice-quotes-darryl-sutter/#more-29351
On the Kings fantasy camp:
“Last year – this is a true story – because they’re in for fantasy camp. These guys – it was a gameday – and I went to Ralph’s on the way home to pick up something to eat, and there were two guys with a grocery cart…full of beer and chips, and they started talking. I said ‘what the hell are you guys doing?’ ‘Oh, we’re here for fantasy camp.’ So they were getting their pregame in – beer and chips. It was right full of beer and chips. And they come every year – they’re from – I forget where they were from – like Vermont or somewhere…good time.”

Ron*

Quotes from Sutter from today's post practice scrum. I love this one:
http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/03/08/march-8-practice-quotes-darryl-sutter/#more-29351

On whether the kids are ready to listen:
Jeez, we just won friggin’ eight out of 11. They must not have totally waxed up, have they? I think the earth is flat. And they look out over, the earth is flat, right?â€

He's right. We need to keep things in perspective. No team is perfect. The Kings are not going to go 16-0 in this year's playoffs. As long as we are consistent enough to win 2 out of 3, 3 out 4, or even 4 out 5, we are in, and we are probably in at 4th or 5th spot.

And guess what? 5th is the same as 8th in that if things fall as you would expect, you still start on the road in all 4 rounds.

ShattStar03

Jul 21, 2008
Claremont, CA
When I see something like that it reminds me how important dedication and hard work is.

Often times, I take for granted how hard these guys work, their greatness doesn't come natural (although sometimes it does), it's the practice, the little moments that players decide to work their butts off that make a team a Stanley cup champ.

Forgive me, if I sound drunk lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad