GDT: March 26 - Ducks @ Flames [8:00pm - TSN]

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Well... Oh well, sucks to lose a game where we played so good, but some costly mistakes hurt us, good game though and that's all I can ask.

Cold Dome Beers

yaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo
Aug 29, 2011
Oilers "supporter" here. I've really been taking an interest in the flames as of late. You guys are no Pittsburgh in terms of skill, but I'm just blown away by how hard your team works every night, and how likeable the players are. You guys don't have any young punks that had 6 million bucks handed to them - all your guys got to where they are by working for it, and I'm proud to cheer for this team while my hometown club gets its **** together.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
i always hate it when other teams fans come in after a loss. but, i have a lot of respect for your team. they could have very easily packed it in for the year but the battle hard EVERY night and really given the "top" teams a fit, as a ducks fan im so glad we dont have to play you anymore. i also think your team is following gio's lead by giving there all every night, and BB wouldnt except anything less. good luck down the road for you guys with the rebuild, and its very refreshing to see a team that is "rebuilding" still be a very competitive team. be proud as im sure you all are.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
McGratton just set a career high for most goals in a season in the nhl lol

He's had a pretty good year. Its nice to see at least healthy levels of production from the 4th line. I've been reamed out before for suggesting that a 4th line should be chipping in once in a while, but I firmly believe that. All that energy must amount to something eventually

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012
Wow I love all the support we are getting unlike 4 years ago where we were the laughing stock of the NHL.

845647980.gif

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Oilers "supporter" here. I've really been taking an interest in the flames as of late. You guys are no Pittsburgh in terms of skill, but I'm just blown away by how hard your team works every night, and how likeable the players are. You guys don't have any young punks that had 6 million bucks handed to them - all your guys got to where they are by working for it, and I'm proud to cheer for this team while my hometown club gets its **** together.

Hey thanks man. If there's one thing I always say, its nothing. Because that sounds like a lot of work!

Anywho, hockey is good and stuff

Cold Dome Beers

yaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo
Aug 29, 2011
Hey thanks man. If there's one thing I always say, its nothing. Because that sounds like a lot of work!

Anywho, hockey is good and stuff

Well I mean I didn't like the Flames for a long time, but my team is not that good now so I like you more now.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

An Oilers fan cheering for the Flames??? What?!?!?

Thoughts on the game:
1. Backlund wins big face-offs.. has definitely improved his game there (well except his very last face-off).
2. Didn't really notice Monahan.. maybe it's just me.
3. Wotherspoon needs some more work, I think. He lost some key puck battles and was sometimes slow to make a decision. Some of his decisions were suspect, too (i.e.: staying too low instead of pressuring Cogliano). However, this kid will be good in a few seasons.
4. Brodie looks so calm out on the ice.. his skating is very majestic lol

Last edited:

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
An Oilers fan cheering for the Flames??? What?!?!?

Thoughts on the game:
1. Backlund wins big face-offs.. has definitely improved his game there (well except his very last face-off).
2. Didn't really notice Monahan.. maybe it's just me.
3. Wotherspoon needs some more work, I think. He lost some key puck battles and was sometimes slow to make a decision.
4. Brodie looks so calm out on the ice.. his skating is very majestic lol

I also didn't notice Monahan as much. I've sort of soured on his play as of late, not just because he's not putting up points but also because he just doesn't look competent at times when he's on the ice.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
To bad, sounds like I missed a good game tonight. Really refreshing to hear the comments from posters from other boards, our boys should be very proud with how much respect they are earning around the NHL. This is very crucial for speeding up the rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad