GDT: March 26 - Ducks @ Flames [8:00pm - TSN]

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Well I mean I didn't like the Flames for a long time, but my team is not that good now so I like you more now.
Canada has 2 neutral teams: Jets + Senators

But we weren't that bad. Flames fans are pretty decent people once you get to know us, except that for some weird reason a lot of them wear cowboy hats in the middle of the most white-collared city in Canada. :help:

Cold Dome Beers

yaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo
Aug 29, 2011

But we weren't that bad. Flames fans are pretty decent people once you get to know us, except that for some weird reason a lot of them wear cowboy hats in the middle of the most white-collared city in Canada. :help:

You know why I like the Flames?

There are no expectations of them, and they just go out there and play as well as they can. They're a real "team". There's not really an anchor; they certainly have a few very good players, but each player chips in, and they don't really rely on any one guy. Plus they look like they are just enjoying themselves, and their fans are too.

It's a complete 180 to what the Oilers are. I'm not gonna ignore the Oilers because that'd feel weird, but I find it easy to cheer for the Flames because I haven't had a reason to hate them for years now. The Battle of Alberta is pretty much dead nowadays, at least up here it is.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I also didn't notice Monahan as much. I've sort of soured on his play as of late, not just because he's not putting up points but also because he just doesn't look competent at times when he's on the ice.

Agreed. But maybe he finds a second wind and finishes strong. Some times its just a slump

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I feel like we've played two really good teams the last two games. When you play the best teams in the league, I don't think it's so much of a concern if your 19 year-old rookie doesn't stand out of the crowd. He doesn't exactly play that flashy of a style, either. Even when he's producing he kind of hides and quietly goes about his play.

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012

Vancouver is most Definitely a neutral team.

If they weren't such ****in jackas**s

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I think Monahan has hit a wall, and just doesn't have the endurance yet for a full 82 game season.

This could be it - he never played more than 65 in the OHL. Tonight's game put him at 66 on the season.

I think losing Hudler on his line hurts him a bit too. Agostino/Galiardi can't bring the same kind of offensive creativity.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Gio's hustle and determinations really rubs off on all the other guys in that dressing room. That's a captain leading by example! (the guy before him wasn't bad either)

can't ask for a better re-build. I love watching this team!!!!!!

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
This could be it - he never played more than 65 in the OHL. Tonight's game put him at 66 on the season.

I think losing Hudler on his line hurts him a bit too. Agostino/Galiardi can't bring the same kind of offensive creativity.

No kidding. I would really prefer to see him with Cammy or Huds on his wing instead, or maybe both :naughty:

JulianHopper*

Flames Lose Heartbreaker 3-2

Like I mentioned I was at the game tonight. Overall pretty entertaining and exciting game.

All you have to do is look at the team stats and see that the shots on goal were even at 34.

Karri Ramo played great and made quite a few big saves, 8-10 big ones for sure. Good for second star with the other goalie Jonas Hiller being the first.

I didn't think the reffing was that good tonight though. Two questionable calls against the Flames and at least 2 that should have been called against Anaheim.

I thought that was a clean hit by Ladislav Smid on Tim Jackman, it may have been a little high but it was a clean hit timing wise on the play.

Tim Jackman just threw down Kevin Westgarth in their fight.

Good for Westgarth though for getting an assist on Brian McGrattan's goal in his 300th career game. Good for Brian,that's some good Karma right there that a player gets a goal in his 300th game.

Another assist for Tyler Wotherspoon who had a great game and played a solid 17:24 in this game tonight.

TJ Brodie was pretty awesome tonight as well, you really noticed him out there.

Joe Colborne as well, played great and had another solid game.

Jiri Hudler with the Flames only other goal. Wicked shot right at the end of the second period.

Sean Monahan came pretty close to getting his 20th of the season.

This was another good overall game by the Flames, Anaheim at times were really in control and Ramo made some timely saves.

What you may not have seen on TV;

Pre-game ceremony for Mikael Backlund who received the Ralph T. Scurfield Humanitarian Award. (Presented annually to the Flames player who best exemplifies perseverance, determination and leadership on the ice, combined with dedication to community service off the ice.)

Short tribute on the jumbo tron and a standing ovation for Teemu Selanne as this is his last season.

Theo Fleury was at the game as well.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
Was my first game at the Saddledome, enjoyed myself it was a pretty good game.

Solid goaltending, Brodie/Lindholm both stood out for me....and as some people mentioned, didn't notice Monahan much.

Cammallerri is playing like he really wants a paycheck...or something, looked great.

Really like Colbournes game too, and Glencross is pretty underrated outside of Calgary I think. Hes better than I gave him credit for.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Money had a great 1st period IMO with Colborne but he faded as the game went on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad