GDT: March 14 (PI DAY): Lower-case capitals at upper-case KRAKEN

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Phantom tripping call there leads to a score. They need to start calling flops.
Joey needs to be smarter there.

This team is over passing again shoot the F***ing puck!

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
MoneyPuck gives us an 11% chance of making the playoffs. Thought it might actually be lower the way that we are playing.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Pretty boring game that had Joey making a huge mistake which is bound to happen every now and then if a goalie with puck abilities like him overplays his hand.

Other than that, yuck.

MoneyPuck gives us an 11% chance of making the playoffs. Thought it might actually be lower the way that we are playing.

Like I've posted in the between games thread.

No team during the salary cap era(starting in 2005) has ever made the playoffs if trailing by nine or more points while having played at least 64 games.

That happened already before the game.

So the Kraken's chances of making the playoffs are non existent.

Though, given the easy schedule(3x Anaheim, 2x, Arizona, San Jose at home etc.) it might be best to lose at least games like the one against Washington in order to not miss the playoffs and still draft at #15 or some sh*** like that.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Pretty boring game that had Joey making a huge mistake which is bound to happen every now and then if a goalie with puck abilities like him overplays his hand.

Other than that, yuck.

Like I've posted in the between games thread.

No team during the salary cap era(starting in 2005) has ever made the playoffs if trailing by nine or more points while having played at least 64 games.

That happened already before the game.

So the Kraken's chances of making the playoffs are non existent.

Though, given the easy schedule(3x Anaheim, 2x, Arizona, San Jose at home etc.) it might be best to lose at least games like the one against Washington in order to not miss the playoffs and still draft at #15 or some sh*** like that.

That would be the most Seattle thing ever. They struggle to beat bad teams all season, then... when it behooves them to lose, they have a run of easy teams to finish the season. They also have Buffalo and Montreal left. Of those 17 remaining, 4 of them are against teams that I'd consider substantially better. Granted, the Kraken usually beat those teams or play competitively against them, and then they lose by 1 to the worst of the worst. It's better for us that they stay the course for the rest of the season.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad