Confirmed with Link: Marc Methot to Dallas for 2020 2nd and G - Dylan Ferguson (UPDATE: Signed 3y ELC Contract)

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
A 2020 2nd and a goalie prospect....****** return considering Methot's a top 4 dman that can still play for a couple years but GMGM put himself into the corner so not a big surprise.

Not a lot of competing teams could take on Methot's contract and they all knew we have to trade at least a few of these remaining 12 dmen soooo...

Really would've been better off just taking less dmen and being able to use Methot to play then flipping him at the deadline for a better return.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Being a Vegas fan, i am a little bit surprised that he didn't return more.

Last edited:

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Even with Methot's NTC complicating things this is a disappointing return. Easily Mcphee's worst move so far with Vegas. I can't believe he couldn't have gotten a 1st even if it required some retention. Sure hope he does better with potential Neal/Perron/Marchessault returns at the deadline.

Last edited:

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
Really bad especially considering we took 2 goalies before this guy so team obviously isnt that high on the kid it seems puzzling to me

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
My thoughts are that GMGM might have overestimated the trade market on defenseman during the expansion draft. Think it would have been better idea to over draft goalies or spread out the extra players.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Not even going to bother with the thread on the main board...

I believe in McPhee and feel that he is building an expansion team from scratch the way it should be done in the salary cap era. The return may seem underwhelming, but in the big picture I'm still happy - I thought we all knew that many of the players chosen in the expansion draft would be long gone before we start to compete.

We weren't going to keep all 30 of the selected players, so by my count we're now at:

24 expansion players left
7 additional players/prospects
two more 1st rd picks
five more 2nd rd picks
one more 3rd rd pick
one more 4th rd pick
two more 5th rd picks
one more 6th rd pick

Minus: one 3rd rd pick, one 4th rd pick, one 7th rd pick

We've turned 6 of the expansion draft slots into 9 draft picks and 7 players, 6 of whom still have waiver eligibility - I'll take it!

Don't know why you don't hang on to him until the TDL if that's the return.

What if Methot gets injured or has an awful year? Because if that happened, you know people would have been upset and said, "Why didn't McPhee trade him before the season started when he had the chance?"

Really bad especially considering we took 2 goalies before this guy so team obviously isnt that high on the kid it seems puzzling to me

That's fine - you have to stagger the development and accumulate prospects. We've got three 18-year-old goalie prospects now: Zhukov will be going to NCAA, Patera will stay in Europe, and Ferguson will be in the CHL. They'll all likely be on different development curves/timelines, so I've got no problem with getting as many goalie prospects as possible so that you increase your chances of one of them panning out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00