Injury Report: Marc Methot (Finger)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Marc Methot's finger was literally hanging by a thread following a slash by Penguins Captain Sidney Crosby.

According to Bruce Garrioch:

No penalty called on the play.

More details including footage can be found here:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/marc-methot-finger-1.4038718

Mod:Let's not embed video of the actual damage.
Also, let's all grow up and stop with the juvenile gender based insults for Crosby

Last edited by a moderator:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well that sucks. Hope he's back on time for the playoffs.

Claesson, looks like it's your turn to shine

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Johnny Hockey missed quite a few games early in the year from a slash to the hand. No call. No suspension.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Crosby clearly just seeing how far the NHL will go to cover his ass at this point.

I wonder who's eye he'll take out next game?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
No Methot for the rest of the season, and possibly part of the playoffs(if not all).

Help.

And also,

F U Crosby.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Crosby is a POS. There was no need to slash like that at the blueline. I hope he gets his bell rung again soon. "just playing with an edge" according to TSN.

As an aside, Boro was in this game, yet an opposition player took liberties with one of our core players and caused an injury. I thought his presence stopped that kind of thing!! I'm so confused. :sarcasm::shakehead

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Crosby is a POS. There was no need to slash like that at the blueline. I hope he gets his bell rung again soon. "just playing with an edge" according to TSN.

As an aside, Boro was in this game, yet an opposition player took liberties with one of our core players and caused an injury. I thought his presence stopped that kind of thing!! I'm so confused. :sarcasm::shakehead

Not only that, but no one really did anything except for a face wash and stern talking to.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Not only that, but no one really did anything except for a face wash and stern talking to.

Well, to be fair, Smith tried to go after him but the refs stepped in, and it's hard for anyone to go after the golden boy in this league since they'd surely be tossed out.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Well Crosby didn't really goon it up. Smith got into a tussle with him after a stoppage in play and Phaneuf went back and forth barking but other than that not much.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Well the guys who should have done something (the refs) were too busy sniffing Sid's jock to do anything.

As for Sens players? They wanted to win the game and they did. Best revenge possible. Although I wouldn't have been unhappy if someone had beaten seven shades of **** out of Crosby.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
taking shots on the need for toughness as a deterrent aside, I thought Boro had a strong game.

Kelly on the other hand...

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Well the guys who should have done something (the refs) were too busy sniffing Sid's jock to do anything.

As for Sens players? They wanted to win the game and they did. Best revenge possible. Although I wouldn't have been unhappy if someone had beaten seven shades of **** out of Crosby.

That's Boro's job apparently because he's supposed to stand up for his teammates.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I think if the score had gotten out of hand either way, we might have seen something happen.

As it is, it's too tight to lose sight of the big picture.

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
Had my index finger crushed at the tip and almost completely severed a couple years ago, took months to heal.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
taking shots on the need for toughness as a deterrent aside, I thought Boro had a strong game.

Kelly on the other hand...

I wouldn't say that. He had an average game, which is a lot better than how I thought he would do.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Well Crosby didn't really goon it up. Smith got into a tussle with him after a stoppage in play and Phaneuf went back and forth barking but other than that not much.

Slew-footed Karlsson in the corner, puck not near them.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

My point isn't that Crosby gooned it up.

My point is that people have said things like: "do you want Marchand injuring Anderson without Boro there to deter that?"

So Boro is in this game and Methot gets a dirty slash that ends his regular season. Boro being in the lineup...

does

nothing

to

deter

people

hurting our players.

If you're going to have a goonish defenseman on your team he should at least go full Carkner and beat the **** out of Crosby or another star on their team.

Ygg

Feb 2, 2017
Broke my finger in 2 different places and lacerated a tendon at the same time last summer while doing a dunk at Skyzone. Still unable to bend the tip, still lacking full grip on weights and such at the gym.

For the record, the dunk was freaking amazing

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Slashes to the hands are pretty common place. Its an unfortunate injury. We will miss Methot big time.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
My point isn't that Crosby gooned it up.

My point is that people have said things like: "do you want Marchand injuring Anderson without Boro there to deter that?"

So Boro is in this game and Methot gets a dirty slash that ends his regular season. Boro being in the lineup...

does

nothing

to

deter

people

hurting our players.

If you're going to have a goonish defenseman on your team he should at least go full Carkner and beat the **** out of Crosby or another star on their team.

I understand. That's why I rather have Claesson on the team instead of Boro because his supposed toughness doesn't deter anything. He doesn't police **** and is more of a detriment than anything IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad