Marc-Edouard Vlasic roasts Corey Perry on and off the ice

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
definitely said in a way where he was more poking fun of Perry for not having wheels rather than roasting, still awesome by Vlas... maybe they a friendship off ice and Vlasic was taking a friendly jab but idk

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
definitely said in a way where he was more poking fun of Perry for not having wheels rather than roasting, still awesome by Vlas... maybe they a friendship off ice and Vlasic was taking a friendly jab but idk
They've had some battles over the last decade. Wouldn't be surprised if it was just ribbing, or if he genuinely dislikes Perry.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
They've had some battles over the last decade. Wouldn't be surprised if it was just ribbing, or if he genuinely dislikes Perry.

I'm guessing they are prob friends or cool with each other seeing as they played on a few Canadian rosters and won some golds together.

Sounds more like he was being honest, perry isn't exactly known for his skating/speed(isn't that why he dropped to 28th pick?), he just has that gumby style where he kinda finds way around people(see perrys 48th goal in his mvp season, vlasic was a star in that video :) )

I don't actually remember much dirty plays between the 2 in the past, I remember blake and boyle and murray but never vlasic.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
These guys have won gold medals and championships together, likely in good fun.

He is right though, Vlasic is a far better skater.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he's right, perry is slow to say the least but that's been the case for years

sounds like a case of breaking balls to me. these guys have played together on team canada numerous times

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Absolutely roasted, wow. Those are words of true hatred right there, and to say them openly for everyone to hear? Wow! I can't believe this roast! Someone call Kenny Rogers, because this man just got roasted!

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Well he certainly didn't roast him on the ice, but that was a pretty good chirp between friends in the interview.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Getzlaf makes fun of it a ton, prob more perry skating jokes then getzlaf hair loss jokes in the ducks locker room tbh

Getzlaf isnt exactly a speedster himself...... But he is damn fun to watch, my favourite player in the NHL and im a NYR fan

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Not that big of a deal really. I mean they've played together on Team Canada before I'm sure there is some known mutual respect there. He's just statin' facts.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Vlasic is giving interesting interviews. The last one I noticed was about the Subban - Weber trade. Visibly annoyed by the question, he answered and smirked :

''You guys haven't moved on yet? The fans from Montreal are still disappointed? They never saw Shea Weber play or what...? He played in 2010 and 2014... nobody watched the Olympics it seems. Well... he's one of the best defenders.''

Awesome. Link.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I will not accept the results of this discussion

If it's a roast it's a real weak one.

Everyone in the league knows Perry isn't a good skater. Seeing a Corey Perry breakaway is like seeing a unicorn.

I doubt Corey would even be offended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad