• Be patient

• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
Very well said, Da.

I also feel bad for whoever is next in line. Bergevin has left behind quite the mess to clean up, it’s almost hard to imagine.

I mean even if we just go back to spring 2015, things looked so much better. Bergevin had picked up Vanek the year before and turned around and got Petry that year. We weren’t saddled with many if any bad contracts.

What. The. ****. Happened?!?

what happened is they lost Price to injury in 2016 and the foxhole went into meltdown

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
When you say best player are you factoring-in consistency as well?

I mean a player that plays 1000 games and scores 1 point on each game (not per game) should be alot more valuable than a player who played 500 (due to injurys) games and scored 2 points on each game.

Both end up with 1000 points
However The guy That is present on all 1000 games is by default twice as effective as the other guy cuz he gives a chance to win on twice the amount of games.

thats why I think Subban was our best player or most valuable player.

Youre out to lunch. The 2ppg player is a world destroyer that would win multiple cups by himself.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yes it is.... hes being paid superstar money but isnmt one. Hes the highest paid goalie in the NHL and when you look at his stats in the last 5 years hes outside of the top 5.

Worst of all he doesnt even have good playoff stats.

also why are you talking about Price on a MB thread again?

Stats meant nothing to you before the season when he was the top goalie statistically from 2010-17. Now they all of a sudden mean something to you. Shocking.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Very well said, Da.

I also feel bad for whoever is next in line. Bergevin has left behind quite the mess to clean up, it’s almost hard to imagine.

I mean even if we just go back to spring 2015, things looked so much better. Bergevin had picked up Vanek the year before and turned around and got Petry that year. We weren’t saddled with many if any bad contracts.

What. The. ****. Happened?!?
I don't feel bad for anybody that follows up. The contracts being talked about aren't as bad as claimed.
Weber might end up being terrible, or maybe like Chara, he'll still be usefull at 40. He's also just 32 and completely movable at this point so it wouldn't be an issue for whoever came in.
Price, I really do not like having him signed to that much for that long, but I think a team like Philly would jump at the opportunity to get him. A few others I'm sure would be interested as well.

I don't think it's that bad honestly. Now, if we are talking 4-5 years from now, well that's impossible to know what our team would even look like, so pretty pointless to feel bad about it.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Houle and Corey made a mess, over 25 yrs ago, and we still talk about it..............Therrien, and Bergevin have made a mess of things, and unfortunately, we will all remember this crap, in 25 yrs time..............we can all only hope PK returns as a UFA to right, a terrible wrong.
Even if PK would want to come back at like 5-6 M Im pretty sure Molson and Bergevin (if still here :cry: ) wouldn't be interested. Bad attitude and all

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The real issue remains our prospect pool. Without superior talent coming up from the AHL no GM can build a winner, no matter how many fancy trades he makes. Obvious example of that kind of ass-backwards management (aside from here) is Dallas. On the other hand, look what great drafting & development has done for Tampa, Nashville, Winnipeg, Boston, etc. That's the real recipe for success: Place maximum resources into drafting & development, build a core of homegrown talent at low-cost, and then make trades to ice the cake.

This summer we're being given a huge chance to turn things around. Lefevbre and his awful system is gone. Great draft picks are pending. It's our shot to clean out the rot and add high-end talent to where we need it the most.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The real issue remains our prospect pool. Without superior talent coming up from the AHL no GM can build a winner, no matter how many fancy trades he makes. Obvious example of that kind of ass-backwards management (aside from here) is Dallas. On the other hand, look what great drafting & development has done for Tampa, Nashville, Winnipeg, Boston, etc. That's the real recipe for success: Place maximum resources into drafting & development, build a core of homegrown talent at low-cost, and then make trades to ice the cake.

This summer we're being given a huge chance to turn things around. Lefevbre and his awful system is gone. Great draft picks are pending. It's our shot to clean out the rot and add high-end talent to where we need it the most.

I agree with this, and I'd like to elaborate.

1) Fans agree that adding Radulov and Markov would not make this team a contender. If that is true, adding two great players doesn't make the Habs a contender, it just makes them a playoff bubble team. Zadina and next year's top-5 pick will not be enough. Thus the Habs need 3 top-5 picks.
2) Pacioretty might be lost too, hopefully he can be replaced by something equivalent, say a trade for a good, young forward.
3) Given the above, the Habs need 3 top-5 picks. However, due to injuries and busts, if your team needs 3 top-5 picks, you probably need to draft 4, and thus the Habs need 4 top-5 picks.
4) Moreover, Price and Weber are likely to be declining soon.

It's possibly going to be a long road. The first saving grace is that the Habs do have cap space, so if there are good UFAs in 2019 or 2020, they can take a shortcut. The potential second saving grace is that the farm system is improving according to some. If they can get some impact out of Poehling, Scherbak, Juulsen, Ikonen, etc then that will go a long way.

But even if things go well, I think the Habs will need another top pick in 2019, and possibly in 2020 as well.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I agree with this, and I'd like to elaborate.

1) Fans agree that adding Radulov and Markov would not make this team a contender. If that is true, adding two great players doesn't make the Habs a contender, it just makes them a playoff bubble team. Zadina and next year's top-5 pick will not be enough. Thus the Habs need 3 top-5 picks.
2) Pacioretty might be lost too, hopefully he can be replaced by something equivalent, say a trade for a good, young forward.
3) Given the above, the Habs need 3 top-5 picks. However, due to injuries and busts, if your team needs 3 top-5 picks, you probably need to draft 4, and thus the Habs need 4 top-5 picks.
4) Moreover, Price and Weber are likely to be declining soon.

It's possibly going to be a long road. The first saving grace is that the Habs do have cap space, so if there are good UFAs in 2019 or 2020, they can take a shortcut. The potential second saving grace is that the farm system is improving according to some. If they can get some impact out of Poehling, Scherbak, Juulsen, Ikonen, etc then that will go a long way.

But even if things go well, I think the Habs will need another top pick in 2019, and possibly in 2020 as well.

If they can trade Max for a pick in the 10-20 range and a center prospect, then draft top 10 next season, it should be a good jolt to the prospect pool. For example:

Poehling, Zadina, Kupari, JAD
Mete, Juulsen
+ top 10 pick in 2019

Use Galchenyuk to land a partner for Weber.
Use Byron and Shaw to land 2019 second round picks.

If they use Max in a 'hockey trade', they won't land the prospects and the team will finish out of the bottom 10, and the cycle will continue.

Reactions: DAChampion

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
How the f*** is our GM still a GM....What we need are centermen and lefty d-man. So let's trade 1 of our best player and OUR beset prospect to fill the gap.....and then realize that what you need after you traded both guys are....CENTERMEN AND LEFTY D-MAN.....

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
How the **** is our GM still a GM....What we need are centermen and lefty d-man. So let's trade 1 of our best player and OUR beset prospect to fill the gap.....and then realize that what you need after you traded both guys are....CENTERMEN AND LEFTY D-MAN.....

As has been pointed out, he is in serious contention for worst GM in franchise history... And he's just getting started

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I was going to write that it's the scariest part. But the fact that we have to wait until he's gone and THEN wait for the next GM to clean things up is the scariest part.
Giant F U by Molson to the fans, and this after he just saved 9 million on the cap last season, they could have fired him and started to make things right.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was going to write that it's the scariest part. But the fact that we have to wait until he's gone and THEN wait for the next GM to clean things up is the scariest part.

The scariest part is how most of us are putting up with this crap. You'd think we'd have found something better to do by now. :laugh:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
The scariest part is how most of us are putting up with this crap. You'd think we'd have found something better to do by now. :laugh:
Nope, the scariest part is assuming that the next GM will do things any differently than the last one or the 3 GM's before him did. The Habs front office is as mentally and psychologically "institutionalized" as James Whitmore's "Brooks Hatlen" character was in "The Shawshank Redemption". They cannot perceive of doing things in a way that is any different than the way they've always been done. It's not the world as they have come to understand it. So of course when some "free-thinking anarchist" like Pierre McGuire comes along with all his out of the box ideas they recoil in horror and hire someone "safe" instead.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
How the **** is our GM still a GM....What we need are centermen and lefty d-man. So let's trade 1 of our best player and OUR beset prospect to fill the gap.....and then realize that what you need after you traded both guys are....CENTERMEN AND LEFTY D-MAN.....

This sums up why most of us are so pissed off, we have thrown away what most teams would love to have and we have mismanaged our way to the bottom of the league. None of the people running this team for the last 6 years seemed to even realise all of the damage they have manufactured and I include Mr improved hot dogs at the top of the list.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'm all for the Arpon Basu plan which would be to still keep the 8M$ for the year after 'cause UFA crop is better and yadiyada....but then....that would be fine if 2 things would happen....WE WOULD HAVE A NEW GM WHO WOULD KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT AND IF PLAYERS WOULD WANT TO COME HERE........

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This sums up why most of us are so pissed off, we have thrown away what most teams would love to have and we have mismanaged our way to the bottom of the league. None of the people running this team for the last 6 years seemed to even realise all of the damage they have manufactured and I include Mr improved hot dogs at the top of the list.

You know what's even more frustrating -- we'd be further ahead right now, simply by our management doing nothing. So many sideways and downfall moves, trades for the sake of making trades mostly. Bergevin should have done what his pal Chevaldayoff did in the Peg -- stay put, build reserves and only make moves when it makes the most sense. They both came from the same school, except Bergevin skipped out on a few critical lessons.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal

With the weather we're starting to have and the work I have planned for the backyard, I'll calm myself and wait to see how things look at the end of September and enjoy the summer. :nod:

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad