Post-Game Talk: Marc Bergevin Press Conference - 3:45pm - Penny wise, pound foolish

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I might be wrong, and I might have a bit too much hope... but I watched l'Antichambre after the game yesterday, and man it's not pretty. I think our high school drop-off has signed his own death warrant with his press conference.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I might be wrong, and I might have a bit too much hope... but I watched l'Antichambre after the game yesterday, and man it's not pretty. I think our high school drop-off has signed his own death warrant with his press conference.
Brother in law is not a big sports fan. Except for golf. Had the presser on when he was here.

As he watched for a bit, looking bewildered he asked : "this is the Canadiens GM?....you gotta to be kidding me"

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Those interviews are my favourite part of the last few years...
ditto

His English seems to get worse not better. Like his team.

Someone should put together a string of his pressers. With a ticker tape of dates running at bottom of screen.

Last edited:

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
I’m 56 years old, for the love of God, please figure out what the hell you’re doing so I can see a cup final again before I die. Such a proud and revered hockey team being run by half wits for decades is sad. MB had a chance to really get some nice future pieces in what was a sellers market and an upcoming deep draft. Instead we get to watch a poorly constructed team play out the string again knowing that there is no plan except to stay an hopeful playoff team and try to sneak into the playoffs and to be bounced in the first round. Rinse and repeat. Molson should be embarrassed by the state of this team and the clown he’s got running it. Do something good for the team and fire MB. Your Bergevin experiment has been an utter failure. He has to go now.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
All because of Jocelyn Thibault and Pat Jablonski. The post-Roy era saw a huge lack of acceptance that a goalie would not be top tier in Montreal.

That's why Théo happened, that's why Huet was a darling, that's why everyone adored Halak.

Enter the new NHL, where the goalie is not even a top 3 piece of the team foundation for Cup winners. From a Habs fan's point of view, that's a total puke fest.

Last few Cup Champ goalies;

2019-Binnington
2018-Holtby
2017-Murray
2016-Murray
2015-Crawford
2014-Quick

To me none of these are HOF candidates. Maybe Crawford, maybe. Crawford and Quick had an amazing 3 or 4 years when they won multiple cups but in terms of consistency, no way is it enough to get in.

The most consistent of these goalies is probably Holtby.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
I think what is needed is for Price and/or Weber to have a sit down with Molson and tell him it's us or Bergy. It's the only way out of this but even that might be too late for them.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I think what is needed is for Price and/or Weber to have a sit down with Molson and tell him it's us or Bergy. It's the only way out of this but even that might be too late for them.

it can’t be “us or Bergy”. It’s simply “we’re out”.

If Bergy stays, they want out.
If Bergy goes, new GM will trade them.

“Us or Bergy” puts them out either way.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
I know I want a rebuild but I'm not so sure that Weber or Price would be as keen as most of HF. If MB had traded Tatar + Petry @ TDL for late 1st + B-level prospect, it would have come at the expense of the team's competitiveness in the next 2-3 years and given their age (Price/Weber), I'm not sure they would be as thrilled as most of us if they expect the team to suck in their twilight years.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
The wishful thinking on my part is that Molson did not allow MB to make any big moves at the deadline due to big changes that are coming.

The reality is, MB will be going up the podium with Timmins, Churla and Molson by his side to announce our 2020 first round pick at the Bell Centre this coming June.

Oh God...

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I know I want a rebuild but I'm not so sure that Weber or Price would be as keen as most of HF. If MB had traded Tatar + Petry @ TDL for late 1st + B-level prospect, it would have come at the expense of the team's competitiveness in the next 2-3 years and given their age (Price/Weber), I'm not sure they would be as thrilled as most of us if they expect the team to suck in their twilight years.
The team already suck. 4 out of 5 years without playoffs. They most know they wont win in Montreal.

Reactions: optimus2861

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Okay let's be positive....at least, he didn't send a 4th rounder for a washed up D or 3rd liner thinking we'd really have a chance at the playoffs. That's it. That is my dose of being positive.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
I’m 56 years old, for the love of God, please figure out what the hell you’re doing so I can see a cup final again before I die. Such a proud and revered hockey team being run by half wits for decades is sad. MB had a chance to really get some nice future pieces in what was a sellers market and an upcoming deep draft. Instead we get to watch a poorly constructed team play out the string again knowing that there is no plan except to stay an hopeful playoff team and try to sneak into the playoffs and to be bounced in the first round. Rinse and repeat. Molson should be embarrassed by the state of this team and the clown he’s got running it. Do something good for the team and fire MB. Your Bergevin experiment has been an utter failure. He has to go now.

I’m three years older. I forget things, but have been unsuccessful in trying to forget I was happy when Bergevin got the job.

Reactions: loadie

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If you want a rebuild because it is the right thing to do for the franchise,

You simply cannot ignore doing the right thing because a couple of old vets wont be too pleased. Price and Webers displeasure will be mere details and a back drop story for the talking heads. Thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad