News Article: Marc Bergevin Briefing (Feb.15 /12:30 pm)

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I'm super excited to see CC and Harris in the lineup! Would make perfect sense with our cap situation, and we don't have to give up assets for a forward and dman to replace Byron and Kulak.

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-KK-Caufield
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Evans-Armia

Caufield brings some much needed goalscoring and some speed.

Harris brings some much needed mobility back there too.

I expect them to start in the AHL first though, but it's nice that we got intriguing options. Also feels weird to have our own drafted players in the lineup.
and smaller... CC

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I'm more worried about the top 4 of
Chiarot-Weber
Edmundson-Petry

more than anything else. Romanov/Mete/Harris are the plus skaters and need to replace Chiarot but none of them have proven to be good enough. I'm hoping Romanov really gets going and replaces Chiarot then Chiarot can drop down to the 3rd pairing and play with Harris because he can play on the right side unlike Mete. Otherwise, we need a replacement. Devon Toews would have looked pretty good...
I agree , I would seriously think start to think we should put Romanov on the left with Weber and Put chariot on the third duo with Mete or Fleury.

Romanov-Weber
Edmundson-Petry
Chariot/Mete-Mete/Chariot

Extra Kulak

That would put speed on all three duo and have 1 stay at home d-man on each of them. That would make us more fluid. Also we could give everybody icetime equally. So nobody would need to play more and that we won't burn anybody.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I agree , I would seriously think start to think we should put Romanov on the left with Weber and Put chariot on the third duo with Mete or Fleury.

Romanov-Weber
Edmundson-Petry
Chariot/Mete-Mete/Chariot

Extra Kulak

That would put speed on all three duo and have 1 stay at home d-man on each of them. That would make us more fluid. Also we could give everybody icetime equally. So nobody would need to play more and that we won't burn anybody.
I think this what they will do, and but they not putting all the pressure on Romanov for the time being.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Î have noticed that too lol. There is something broke between danault and bergevin imo. Danault is playing like if he doesnt care imo.
Danault clearly valued himself more highly than others viewed him to be. He said he had another gear to his game and wants to keep being the top guy, that's faded away from him pretty quickly early, but as this was discussed here he is a player that will be very dependant of his teammates for his production. He's not someone that will create his own chances, he doesn't have a particularly good shot so won't score by just opening himself up for his release, so with Gallagher who seems to be slowing down a bit and Tatar not having career high moments either, his production is taking a big hit. It's not surprising really, quite the opposite, it was predictable.

Reactions: Pickles and BLONG7

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
If you're messing with me again, I don't mind having a little meeting with you at the bicycle rack at 7pm after my cheerleading practice. I'll show you the CONSEQUENCES OF SAYING SUCH THINGS on the internet.

SN : I'll bring my dad too, he benchs 170 at the gym.
170 micrograms?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Caulfield needs to get acclimated to the pro game with the faster speed and bigger guys. Best for that is AHL. Top 6 at that.

I have no interest in Brady Tkachuk introducing himself to CC without that period of adjustment in the minors. Harris can start there also.

I think we need to keep our eyes out for a top end puck moving D man if such a player becomes available. Then see if we can create Cap room if we have the pieces for a trade

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
...then put Mete with Weber; Chairot is the worst possible pairing Weber could have in our lineup...when your Top Pairing can't move the damn puck, you're in the shyte...

cant argue with that, they have been a disaster together

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Î have noticed that too lol. There is something broke between danault and bergevin imo. Danault is playing like if he doesnt care imo.

Is there any question that Gallagher, heart and sole of the team, is the heart and sole of the line he plays on so, the line is attributed to him?

Micro-analysing everything will lead to a force-fit for any narrative.

I particularly loved the question from a journalist, "With Tatar being benched, can yo say that his place on the team is now precarious?"

Bergevin - What do you mean by precarious?

Journalist - Fragile, less certain, tenuous...

Bergevin - It's about production. We want more from Tatar and he knows it. That's it.

Like some posters, the journalist was trying to insinuate, cast doubt and rabble rouse. Bergevin basically said, 'It's not that friggin' complicated. Stop creating BS."

Reactions: Archijerej

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Danault clearly valued himself more highly than others viewed him to be. He said he had another gear to his game and wants to keep being the top guy, that's faded away from him pretty quickly early, but as this was discussed here he is a player that will be very dependant of his teammates for his production. He's not someone that will create his own chances, he doesn't have a particularly good shot so won't score by just opening himself up for his release, so with Gallagher who seems to be slowing down a bit and Tatar not having career high moments either, his production is taking a big hit. It's not surprising really, quite the opposite, it was predictable.

I think the loosely quoted stuff is quite convenient to fit certain narratives...

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Is there any question that Gallagher, heart and sole of the team, is the heart and sole of the line he plays on so, the line is attributed to him?

Micro-analysing everything will lead to a force-fit for any narrative.

I particularly loved the question from a journalist, "With Tatar being benched, can yo say that his place on the team is now precarious?"

Bergevin - What do you mean by precarious?

Journalist - Fragile, less certain, tenuous...

Bergevin - It's about production. We want more from Tatar and he knows it. That's it.

Like some posters, the journalist was trying to insinuate, cast doubt and rabble rouse. Bergevin basically said, 'It's not that friggin' complicated. Stop creating BS."
. Cause most of the time, when julien/bergevin are talking about one line in particular, they beggining with each centerman of each line. So. They talk about suzuki line, kk line. Etc. And before. It was danault line. Right now its gallagher line. Thats what i found weird a little

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
With Bergevin and Danault, I have this feeling that, like us, MB believes 24's head got way too big. That he believed the hype created by the RDS' of this world. And that, although a very valuable player, Danault believes he's the go-to guy. Even though his coach has put him behind a 21 year old sophomore this season.

Danault doit revenir sur terre. He needs to refocus on playing sound, positional hockey, win face offs, take care of his assigments and let the chips fall where they may.

I like that MB called him out and mentioned his line as Gally's line. Perfect.

That was a deliberate quote, I have no doubt.

Philip is valuable. But not at the level he believes he is. 13 goals a season while playing 20 mins per game doesn't cut it.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
With Bergevin and Danault, I have this feeling that, like us, MB believes 24's head got way too big. That he believed the hype created by the RDS' of this world. And that, although a very valuable player, Danault believes he's the go-to guy. Even though his coach has put him behind a 21 year old sophomore this season.

Danault doit revenir sur terre. He needs to refocus on playing sound, positional hockey, win face offs, take care of his assigments and let the chips fall where they may.

I like that MB called him out and mentioned his line as Gally's line. Perfect.

That was a deliberate quote, I have no doubt.

Philip is valuable. But not at the level he believes he is. 13 goals a season while playing 20 mins per game doesn't cut it.
His 13 goals is a career high...........he averages more like 11 per season....and this year he is averaging like Scott Gomez.
The AGENT mad a huge mistake on Phil's behalf.
Just don't think it will end well, for Phil.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
His 13 goals is a career high...........he averages more like 11 per season....and this year he is averaging like Scott Gomez.
The AGENT mad a huge mistake on Phil's behalf.
Just don't think it will end well, for Phil.

at the same time people would be blasting MB like crazy right now if Danault had accepted the 5M per for 5 years. Although perhaps he wouldn't be playing like this if the contract stuff was over with. But 1 goal in 37 or whatever games is brutal for a top line center or even a 3rd line center.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Bergevin's Excuses:

2016 = Price's injury

2017 = Therrien

2018 = Attitude problems

2019 = Backup problem

2020 = Slumps

2021 = Young team

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
I used to bitch that MB would win practically every trade but wasn't building a team.

We all should agree that he really added pieces to make this team very competitive - size, scoring, depth, Allen. Kudos to him.

It's now up to the players and the coaching staff to put it all together. MB can tinker a bit going forward but not much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad