Value of: Marc-Andre Fleury

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Not going to find many takers for 2 years @7m no matter how good he is.

Plus I don't see them moving him next year, given what he means to the franchise and fanbase.
2 years @ 7m for a goalie still playing at an elite level?? If Vegas shopped him there would be many teams in line.

Even if he fell apart next year (which is highly unlikely) it’s not like he’s got some huge contract for the next 6 years like Price.

Anyways, I miss him. It’s not feasible but I’d love to bring him home to Pittsburgh. He should retire a Penguin.

Murray+ for Fleury+? Vegas would add more than Pitt because of age difference. But Pitt could theoretically play Fleury the next 2 years, he retires, then Jarry takes over the #1 reigns.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Seems like Vegas needs to give more respect to a guy who helped sell the franchise to the fans and was a massive part of their early success.
Agreed. Only team he gets dealt to is Pittsburgh but I don’t think that’s a realistic trade.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
In the two games...against New Jersey and Buffalo...?
Yeah, but he was great in Chicago, until he started talking about a contract to the media.

I wouldn't blame Vegas if they tried to trade Fleury and keep Lehner, I think Lehner is the better goalie now, and certainly in the near future.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
VGK may have to trade him. He has a NTC and will have to be protected in the expansion draft right ? Which means they may lose Lehner to Seattle. That s a huge dilemma. But the NTC may prevent them from moving him anyway.

If VGK moved him there would be a ton of interest (NJD, CAR.. basically all the teams in need for a starter)

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
VGK may have to trade him. He has a NTC and will have to be protected in the expansion draft right ? Which means they may lose Lehner to Seattle. That s a huge dilemma. But the NTC may prevent them from moving him anyway.

If VGK moved him there would be a ton of interest (NJD, CAR.. basically all the teams in need for a starter)

Vegas is exempt from the expansion draft.

I don't see any scenario where they move Fleury. If they can find enough cap they could retain Lehner if he's okay with a 1A/1B until Fleury's deal expires or they'll just find a cheap UFA backup.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Vegas is exempt from the expansion draft.

I don't see any scenario where they move Fleury. If they can find enough cap they could retain Lehner if he's okay with a 1A/1B until Fleury's deal expires or they'll just find a cheap UFA backup.

I did not know that thanks for the information !

Then forget what I say they should keep both and play 1 A 1B definitely ;)

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
I feel like there is a clamoring here to keep both next year for a 1a/1b situation (numbers overwhelmingly support playing MAF less than 55 games), but the amount of cap room gymnastics and reality of playing ELC guys up and down the lineup makes that highly unlikely. Depending on the new cap number and how open to term over AAV Lehner is, that might be possible, but someone good would have to be moved (Stastny).

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Seems like Vegas needs to give more respect to a guy who helped sell the franchise to the fans and was a massive part of their early success.

Nah, screw that. It’s Lehner time. Beat it Flower! We’ll call you an Uber.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Back to pitt!!!! Pack Murray's bags. A tandem or Fleury and jarry is a winner ..

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
As if Pitt would really do this. Fleury makes more than both your goalies combined, a bit more actually.
Mehhh. If we wouldn’t have to worry about the exact same situation of again protecting 2 goalies I would make this trade.

I would love MAF back. Fleury for 2 years then Jarry takes over. Unfortunately, it’s not logical given the expansion draft again.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

He gets nothing but respect here. By team leadership, the room, and fans. No one is offering him up for trade.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Would love MAF back in Pittsburgh, but the timing is terrible. Dang expansion drafts, man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad