Marc-André Gragnani, Luc Bourdon and Francis Charette

Status
Not open for further replies.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
kobe said:
Can someone give me some info on these players. What type of players are they (strenghts, weaknesses, etc.), where should they be drafted in next year draft.....
Gragnani is a 17 year old defenceman with the PEI rocket in the Q.He is very good
heads up skater who sees the ice well and he's showing confidence and poise
beyond what you would expect for a player his age.He perhaps needs to improve his shot and he could stand to fill out abit but this kid has the potential to
surprise a few people.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Gragnani - 6'01 180 - D - Hes a good skater, smart with the puck, poised for his age. He is already the #1 defensemen on PEI and he's only 17. I am guessing around round 2 he will be picked.

Bourdon - 6'02 200 - D - similar to Gragnani but more physical. Only seen him a couple times as he plays in VD. People around here have him rated as high as #15 for the 05 draft.

Charette - 5'06 150 - F - Very skilled player. Buzzsaw out there, 4 pts in his first 2 games this year. I dont think he has a prayer of being picked, he is 5'06.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
La-La-Laprise said:
Gragnani - 6'01 180 - D - Hes a good skater, smart with the puck, poised for his age. He is already the #1 defensemen on PEI and he's only 17. I am guessing around round 2 he will be picked.

Bourdon - 6'02 200 - D - similar to Gragnani but more physical. Only seen him a couple times as he plays in VD. People around here have him rated as high as #15 for the 05 draft.

Charette - 5'06 150 - F - Very skilled player. Buzzsaw out there, 4 pts in his first 2 games this year. I dont think he has a prayer of being picked, he is 5'06.

I like all 3 players, but Gragnani needs to get a lot stronger, but I wouldn't mind if the Habs got him in say the 3rd round, as I would think not making the U-18 team might lower him a bit I hope. Bourdon I found to be more solid in his own end then Grags, and I really would like to see the Habs get him but it all depends on how high they pick, as I don't see him going top 20 imo. Charette is fun to watch, but I can't see any team taking a shot on him. I figured someone would take a shot on Olivier Latendresse, who can dish the puck well, but I assume his size scared away GM's.

Mooseheads@HF

Jan 17, 2003
East Coast
montreal said:
I figured someone would take a shot on Olivier Latendresse, who can dish the puck well, but I assume his size scared away GM's.

Phoenix invited Olivier to there rookie camp that just passed, and from what i hear he did really well there.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Mooseheads@HF said:
Phoenix invited Olivier to there rookie camp that just passed, and from what i hear he did really well there.
Latendresse was even signed by Phoenix. He had 3 goals and 3 assists in 4 games and was tied at 3rd place among all other players.

Link : http://www.phoenixcoyotes.com/news/press_release_details.php?op=details&ID=3825

If Phoenix is able to grab his brother in the next draft, they're in business with tthis amazing duo. Only reason Latendresse (Olivier) was not drafted it's because of his size. Besides that he is a very talented player.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
I still can't see awhat's the big deal with Olivier's size for chrissake's he's as big as brule (though nowhere near as skilled). 5'10, 190, it's small but not terribly small for someone so skilled.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leachmeister2000 said:
I still can't see awhat's the big deal with Olivier's size for chrissake's he's as big as brule (though nowhere near as skilled). 5'10, 190, it's small but not terribly small for someone so skilled.

Olivier may be close to the skill level as Brule, but not in hockey sense and physical play.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leachmeister2000 said:

I think those stats are a little off, sometimes teams do this. Standing next to him I would say he is about 5'07-5'08 around there, and I would think about 160 pounds. He is pretty skinny IMO, met him after the game last year and he I was expecting to see a little more to him than I did. He is super skilled, I would say Brule is more fiesty, physical, Brule has a little better positioning on the ice and Brules shot is harder and a little more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad