Calgary
Oh and,
gbltbmg.jpg

:laugh: Nice!

Love the effort and love the loss!

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I want Pinder/Warrener tandem. Lots of stats. Warrener going "Listen here dope...". Talking about nachos. Terrible advice. It would be perfecto!

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Ortio sent back to ABB per Hartley.

Thoughts:
- Keep Byron through the rebuild. The guy has talent and gives it his all everytime he hits the ice.
- Agostino played well I thought; is strong on the puck.
- Monahan continues to impress. Happy he was out on the ice in the last minute of the game.
- Glencross makes me cringe at least once a game. Starting to dislike his play more and more.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Backlund has been great since the Christmas break. Hopefully he can keep improving. He's finally showing his offensive ability.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ortio sent back to ABB per Hartley.

Thoughts:
- Keep Byron through the rebuild. The guy has talent and gives it his all everytime he hits the ice.
- Agostino played well I thought; is strong on the puck.
- Monahan continues to impress. Happy he was out on the ice in the last minute of the game.
- Glencross makes me cringe at least once a game. Starting to dislike his play more and more.
In defense of Glencross, he has always been like this. It is just more noticeable with the much weaker forward corps.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Was at the game and now i am a supporter of byron in our long term rebuild.

I just found out that Lord Byron is a +8 this year in only 39 games played to lead our team. That and his production rate is close to that of Sean Monahan, so he's capable at this level. The only concern is that he's too small, but yet he can out-battle Shea Weber for a loose puck in the corner in desperation time?

JulianHopper*

Goalies Chased in Wild West Shootout At Dome

I don't think Joni Ortio should have been pulled even after 4 goals. Joey MacDonald let in 2 bad goals where as the goals against Ortio were good goals. Should have left Joni in there and gotten the win for sure.

Flames played well overall, Russel and Cammalleri with 3 points each.

Good games and pretty solid minutes for Tyler Wotherspoon and Kenny Agostino. A few more games for Kenny and he's going to be fine. He's playing his position well and is strong and confident when he gets the puck.

Paul Byron continues to play well along with Mikael Backlund who were both team leading +3 in this game. 2 points for Backlund again as well and good to see him get and stay healthy this season (knock on wood). Third on the team is scoring now and only behind Butler and Brodie for games played this season.

Butler and Brodie have played all 70 games for the Flames so far this season.

Curtis Glencross with another assist, his third point in last 5 games since returning from injury. He's also -5 over those 5 games which is understandable considering how many games he's missed this season.

That was also a very questionable call in the end there against Glencross and turned out to be the game winning goal on the ensuing powerplay.

Flames should have won this game and would have if coach Hartley had left Ortio in to finish.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I don't think Joni Ortio should have been pulled even after 4 goals. Joey MacDonald let in 2 bad goals where as the goals against Ortio were good goals. Should have left Joni in there and gotten the win for sure.

Flames played well overall, Russel and Cammalleri with 3 points each.

Good games and pretty solid minutes for Tyler Wotherspoon and Kenny Agostino. A few more games for Kenny and he's going to be fine. He's playing his position well and is strong and confident when he gets the puck.

Paul Byron continues to play well along with Mikael Backlund who were both team leading +3 in this game. 2 points for Backlund again as well and good to see him get and stay healthy this season (knock on wood). Third on the team is scoring now and only behind Butler and Brodie for games played this season.

Butler and Brodie have played all 70 games for the Flames so far this season.

Curtis Glencross with another assist, his third point in last 5 games since returning from injury. He's also -5 over those 5 games which is understandable considering how many games he's missed this season.

That was also a very questionable call in the end there against Glencross and turned out to be the game winning goal on the ensuing powerplay.

Flames should have won this game and would have if coach Hartley had left Ortio in to finish.

Sometimes pulling the goalie is more about rallying the troops than it is about goalie performance

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ortio should have been pulled after the 2nd goal - it was obvious that he was having a rough night after he let in the beach ball that even I could have stopped.

He didn't have a chance to get set with the puck moving laterally in front him. Hard to call that a beach ball goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad