Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs win 2016-17 Dillman Award

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Strange year to win it. Basically this year and last were the cone of silence years after many years of superb public relations successes. The in-game arena entertainment has taken a major downturn this past year with amateurish crowd announcers and a marked downturn from Andy Frost with the new PA announcer(and I was not a huge Frost fan). The only member of the Leafs staff you heard from regularly this year was Babcock. No Dubas, no Hunter, a bit of Lou.

Odd choice imho.

Not supposed to be an on-ice performance or general organizational improvement award(which they should be in thin to win)

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Strange year to win it. Basically this year and last were the cone of silence years after many years of superb public relations successes. The in-game arena entertainment has taken a major downturn this past year with amateurish crowd announcers and a marked downturn from Andy Frost with the new PA announcer(and I was not a huge Frost fan). The only member of the Leafs staff you heard from regularly this year was Babcock. No Dubas, no Hunter, a bit of Lou.

Odd choice imho.

Not supposed to be an on-ice performance or general organizational improvement award(which they should be in thin to win)

The 100 and Stand Witness was such a nice campaign though, I figure that's what they won it for.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
The Dillman Award is voted on annually by PHWA members to honor the hard work of public relations staffs who make the extra effort to help promote and cover the NHL and their teams. It’s named in honor of late Minnesota North Stars PR extraordinaire Dick Dillman.

Dick. Dillman.

Awesome.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Ugh typical media bias and their lovefest of the Leafs. When will the Canucks get their Dillman award dammit!?

Sidenote, I have never heard of this award and don't know past winners.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Dicky D award. Great. Good year to win it celebrating 100 years. It would probably be pretty bad if they couldn't do something with 100 years experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad