Pre-Game Talk: Maple leafs vs Penguins tuesday gezame

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Hello and have a good week! 👏👏👏👏🍁🔍 Does ' y'all think that murray will be in goal tuesday against the fool penguins? Sullivan is one of the best coaches in the world and we ourselves have a pretty pretty good one with us also. In coach keefe, a real hockey man. Sometimes wrong, sometimes right, but he is a man. He shouldnt apologize of his players though.... Just stay man and man up. Stand up and be cooool.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
A lot of mixed feelings about the weekend games - not sure I really loved either game, although I am very happy that we won on Salming night.

There is no question that we are at our best when we are outskating teams; once the game slows down a bit and gets grindy, we start running around and start giving away the puck.

I am not sure what's up with Matthews but he's a shadow of 2021/22 Matthews. On the other hand, Wild Bill looks impactful every single shift. I feel like he's been in a groove all season long.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Matthews and Marner need to start tearing it up again. They lost their mojo and look a little frustrated . Tough stretch of games coming up this week. I want to see them fill up the scoresheet and take some of the pressure off the rest of the team until Samsonov is healthy.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Have to score more. D has been pretty good. Goaltending not great but considering the circumstances has held the Leafs in there for the most part with a guy that probably isn't cut out for the NHL but they don't have much of a choice.

Our 2 main goalies need to stay healthy. I'm guessing Murray is back in against his former team. Hopefully that'll be a good thing. It'd be a big boost for him coming off an injury to come in and get a win .

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
2 of our 3 best defensemen now injured... rough.

That means a lot will be on Liljegren and Sandin. Hope they can thrive in this opportunity.

Reactions: arso40

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Muzzin out til playoffs?

Kucherov treatment?

Not sure Muzz can return at this point in his career and produce like Kuch did. Ugh.
Could be more likely he never plays again.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Benn had a good game on the weekend but he is very obviously a bandaid solution. I don't imagine they will be able to rely on him for any long stretch.

Muzzin is likely done unfortunately. It's time for Sandin and Liljegren to really step up and this team needs to go ahead and spend Muzzin's 5.6 to shore up the D.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Actually don't mind that lineup considering the injuries but I'd like to see Robertson in there more.

Good sign

Last edited:
Reactions: PromisedLand

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Will Murray have to stay on LTIR until Brodie returns from IR? Or does sending Kallgren and Petro down give them enough cap space?

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022

Brodie also on IR with oblique injury.

Hollowell recalled too.

Good news on muzzin and brodie sire.

I also like the lines. And now we have so much G-depth on goal...4 gezoalies.. wow. :clap:
Jordie's role will be trump huuuuge now as they said in conan o'brien show back in the days.

Reactions: Burnie97

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Leafs treatment of Robertson continues to be brutal. Not saying he’s been good but it’s hard to build on anything when you’re yo-yo’d in and out of the lineup.
They’ve given him opportunities and besides the first game he has been meh. I don’t think there’s been mistreat me of him. He hasn’t been consistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad