GDT: Maple Leafs vs. Capitals. 7pm. Verizon Center. 4.16.2013

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
TV: Comcast SportsNet

Radio: 1500AM WFED

Toronto Maple Leafs (24-13-5)

Washington Capitals (23-17-2)

The Toronto Maple Leafs make the second of their two 2012-13 visits to Verizon Center on Tuesday to supply the opposition for the Capitals’ homestand-closing contest. The game is the first of five straight against Canadian foes for the Capitals.

Washington brings a seven-game winning streak into Tuesday’s tilt with Toronto, its longest winning run since it took seven straight games to start the 2011-12 season. The Capitals have had only two winning streaks greater than seven games in the last 20 years. The Caps won a franchise record 14 games in a row in 2009-10 and they won nine straight in 2010-11.

http://capitals.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2012020633&navid=DL|WSH|home

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Leaf fan here in peace! Lets hope its a 3 point game, Caps are the only the team in the SE I would like to see make the playoffs.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Holtby needs to play better than he did last game. As does the D.

If we have a lead going into the 3rd, need more intensity.

bill-murray-lost-in-translation.jpg

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Would be nice if we can get Ward back soon.

We are a much more physical team than we were when we played the Leafs earlier this year, are more reasonably healthy and have all the big guns firing on all cylinders.

Probably a bit angry too after the Tampa game. Maybe the worked out great for us instead of coasting to an easy victory?

After not being able to buy a goal in the 1st 10 games we are now #6 in GF from what I can see.

We may finish the season with 3 ppg players.

We could have the leading goal scoring forward AND defenseman.

Pretty impressive.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Yeah, the boys were pissed about letting TB back in the game. Ovi flat out said it was embarrassing. Green didn't look to happy either. D needs a good game tonight.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Yeah, the boys were pissed about letting TB back in the game. Ovi flat out said it was embarrassing. Green didn't look to happy either. D needs a good game tonight.

Chimera stormed off and dissed a reporter/blogger after the game too.

It was 2pts tho but with the side benefit of the anger coming from a loss.

Leafs played last night and are coming in against a red hot and angry Caps team.

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
I can't believe how much I miss Ward.

I'm glad the players have said last game's effort was embarrassing. Hopefully that translates into them not letting up in the 3rd, no matter what the score.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Oates needs to use the last change to take serious advantage of the Leafs' 4th line.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Excited for the guys to play against 3 high caliber teams this week, especially considering our next two games could be our first round opponent (if we make it in). Come out strong and stay angry.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
I think the caps can win this one with ease. The leafs had 12 shots last night vs the devils at home. The devils have now lost 10 in a row.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Apparently for Leafs fans this is a no lose game as even if the Caps win in regulation that hurts the Jets and makes Leafs fans happy. Who knew...?

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Apparently for Leafs fans this is a no lose game as even if the Caps win in regulation that hurts the Jets and makes Leafs fans happy. Who knew...?

Not exactly. :)

We want the win naturally, but wouldn't be too bummed out if it turned into a 3pt game and we only got one. Coming off a b2b and likely playing our backup, our hopes aren't too lofty.. Just looking for a clean game from both squads.

Good luck!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I wasn't aware anyone got along with Winnipeg fans.

Thankfully we're done with them in about 2 weeks.

All fans of Canadian teams seem to hate each other with passion. Its a Canada thing I suppose...

In my few trips to Canada I always got the sense it was a mix of a hierarchy and territory thing in terms of like/dislike for each other. When I went to Montreal and Toronto, those fans seemed to respect each other even though they were bitter rivals. My trip to Ottawa, they seemed like they just did their own thing and didn't get too involved unless provoked. And nobody liked the Canucks.

I could be talking completely out of my ass and be 100% wrong, but those were my experiences.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
In my few trips to Canada I always got the sense it was a mix of a hierarchy and territory thing in terms of like/dislike for each other. When I went to Montreal and Toronto, those fans seemed to respect each other even though they were bitter rivals. My trip to Ottawa, they seemed like they just did their own thing and didn't get too involved unless provoked. And nobody liked the Canucks.

I could be talking completely out of my ass and be 100% wrong, but those were my experiences.

I just see lots of hate and rooting for the other team to lose unless it helps their team directly. Its sorta like how the old Patrick division everyone hated everyone else. The only difference is that these Canadian teams aren't in the same division.

Except Calgary. Everyone just feels sorry for them. :laugh:

I doubt Edmonton fans do but what you say may have truth!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad