Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs Blue Jackets (Monday gezame)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
This that dirt y'all :clap: We are so in it... to win it. Hard. What's y'all gon think happens tomorrow night and whom plays in goal? We are going to score ice hockey goals, that I can assure you. Tavares banking one or two? No? Matthews getting his what 50th? We are so talented.... but our G-game gotta step that. That meaning gangsta game. We gotta be harder. Want it more. Other teams have wanted it more lately. Even with our FULL CROWD at HOME, we lost to a bunch of imbessilles.

We gotta step and be that alpha. They take it home and keep it. Hard.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Would like to see a similar effort from the skaters as what they gave Saturday night.

Would like to see something completly different from the goalies as what they gave Saturday night.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Shirley they're going to break out tonight. Right?
Great movie.

I just hope we figure out the problems our teams are facing here than in the playoffs.

Currently we have built a dam based on Campbell and Mrazek but we ain't changing the flow of goals against at all. Goalies sure but we aren't playing defense the best either

Reactions: fahad203

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Remember how Carolina was playing in front of David Ayres ? Yeah we need to do that if we want a chance to win.

Over/under, our goalie has a save percentage of .900 ? I'm going with under, but Leafs still win 4-3.

Reactions: glue and fahad203

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
From what I remember, Andersen guarantees losing in the playoffs because he can't handle the pressure. At least that's what I read here when people were relentlessly mocking him a few weeks ago. So based on that logic, we're better off with Campbell/Mrazek, hell we're better off playing a Zamboni driver than Freddie. :)

To be fair, the Zamboni driver has a better record than Freddie.
Undefeated baby!

Team hasn't been playing well for a while, and a large part of it is goaltending, but the forwards aren't helping out.
It isn't just the kids (Liljegren and Sandin 51, 89 career games respectively) Rielly has caused his share of the goals against.

Andersen is a known commodity, Campbell was a gamble. Mrazek is a known commodity, known as a back-up with a career, .910, 2.62.
Mrazek has played 14 games this year, after coming off an injury.
I expect Mrazek will return to his career stats ability if he gets some support in front of him.
Campbell as a career back-up has okay stats.
Andersen at age 32 is having a career year.

Scion

May 25, 2012
We are f***ed until the goaltending plays better, and I don't have much confidence in that happening this year.

Reactions: fahad203

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
The next couple of games are hopefully wins. They should be but the last 2 I thought the same thing and we'll... you know the rest.

Like we're all saying we just need some saves. The goalies don't have to be perfect. Between 910 to 915 % would be nice and is a reasonable ask from a NHL goalie most nights. Hopefully one of the goalies figures it out here soon. Go Leafs Go.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
From what I remember, Andersen guarantees losing in the playoffs because he can't handle the pressure. At least that's what I read here when people were relentlessly mocking him a few weeks ago. So based on that logic, we're better off with Campbell/Mrazek, hell we're better off playing a Zamboni driver than Freddie. :)
I think the issue is coaching, it has often occurred that goalies under perform in TO, the list is long, but few have over performed for long.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
It’s been a while since I dreaded watching the Leafs………I sure feel like they are going to continue being a train wreck until something major is changed

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Great movie.

I just hope we figure out the problems our teams are facing here than in the playoffs.

Currently we have built a dam based on Campbell and Mrazek but we ain't changing the flow of goals against at all. Goalies sure but we aren't playing defense the best either

Do you speak Jive?

Mama raised no fool

As for the Leafs.... Can't wait for Laine to score 4 goals against us only for us to win by 4 more - 9-7 leafs

I can't believe after all these years, I would miss James Reimer and Polak

Sometimes cure is worse than the disease.................. Remember when Andersen wasn't good enough?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Just for perspective, to ease some of the panic...

The Leafs have the 3rd ranked xGF% in the NHL. They rank 4th in xGF60 behind FLA, CAR and CGY. They rank 3rd in xGA60 behind BOS and CGY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad