Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

st-pats1.jpg

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
it's nice. I like the older ones with the brown too so I'm surprised we don't have that.
I think we should wear the St Pats one every St Patrick Day-esque game.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The Sundin era one looks great. This one looks like it belongs in the dollar store. I think it will find fast placement @ Goodwill type stores. What an awful green they used, looks so bright and cheap. yuck.

Unhealthy Scratch

Auston 4:16
Mar 15, 2016
Just for comparison with the last time they did this:

SundinStPats.jpg
Apparently my memory was failing me, because for some reason when I first saw the new sweater I thought, "Eh, not bad but the old Sundin-era ones were better," but that's way less appealing than I remember. :laugh:

These new ones look better IMO, especially with the full uniform.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Apparently my memory was failing me, because for some reason when I first saw the new sweater I thought, "Eh, not bad but the old Sundin-era ones were better," but holy hell that's actually pretty ugly. :laugh:

These new ones look much better by contrast, especially with the full uniform.

Are you kidding? That old one is a beauty.

Unhealthy Scratch

Auston 4:16
Mar 15, 2016
Are you kidding? That old one is a beauty.
Yeah I edited my post to be less harsh, it's not that bad. It's just such a sharp contrast to what my memory of it was, so my initial reaction was, "Whoa, I thought I remembered really liking those jerseys."

I see what you mean about the new sweaters being kinda plain/generic looking, but comparing the full uniforms I like the new one better, even if it's nothing special enough to want to buy.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
TBH I think the new St Pat's jerseys in the OP would look good with brown pants/gloves.

That's a lot of green. Jersey's are nice though

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
All the old equipment was brown, you must be younger. It's a throwback and it's beauties!
Well you are right that I wasn't around to see the old St Pat's jerseys in person, but that's not my point. Good on you for learning to use a message board at your age though.

I like the jersey better, just not the awkward brown they chose. There are other shades that would have looked better and still kept the vintage feel.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Hope the Hawks counter with their '09 Winter Classic ones for a full retro game (I assume they're not allowed to do that though).

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
These are gorgeous. I'm all for more colour in the NHL though.

Who would put brown on a uniform though? That's awful.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Those uniforms are blue.

I know I said old equipment was brown though, it was just a throwback look and I like it. So what if they look like trees, I happen to like trees and chocolate brown lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad