Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs Officially Sign Calle Rosen | Also Sign Andreas Borgman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Our scouts have been great last 2 yrs. Zaitsev last year, now hitting on all 3, Aaltonenn, Rosen, Borgman, give these guys a raise. In addition there is another Russian we are after who played with Zaitsev, and by his accounts would be a great NHL addition. I cannot remember his name BUT if it is true, and we sign him (I believe we have to wait until there season is over as we did with Zaitsev), and he is also really good then it is almost like we have 2 drafts. The NHL draft, and then we are "drafting," (more recruiting but anyway) a second time. I am really glad that there is a sense of pride now with the organization. We have been the laughing stock for far too long. We now have probably the best young and up and coming guys on our team outside McDavid, Eichel, Draisaitl...but not to shabby to have Matthews, Nylander, Marner. It was only 2 years ago we couldnt see any light at the end of the tunnel. We had bad contracts, no core--or rather our core was not going to suffice. Then Shanahan walks in and in 2 years look. Gutting the front office, GM, coaches, and scouting staff. I have a friend who is on talking terms with him, who told me 2 years ago that, Shanny is a hockey genius and he will do wonders for the team (friend also eats,lives, breathes hockey). At the time I could not see how, and now, well I really like where we are headed.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Well now we know, read an article in the Toronto Star online. Lupul 100% affects what we do here. Hit is 5.25 million, word is that IF he passes the leafs have no choice but to send Moore and Fehr down to get under the cap. If so then I guess Miro should be his room-mate because he would have to be called up to play 4th line center.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Well now we know, read an article in the Toronto Star online. Lupul 100% affects what we do here. Hit is 5.25 million, word is that IF he passes the leafs have no choice but to send Moore and Fehr down to get under the cap. If so then I guess Miro should be his room-mate because he would have to be called up to play 4th line center.

When I look at CapFriendly the Leafs are under the cap with Moore, Fehr, and Lupul.

Reactions: bobermay

LoovTrain

Stanley... Come Home
May 6, 2015
Toronto

Or, you know, they could just send him down and save a million against the cap. Never trust the Star for cap related news.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Our scouts have been great last 2 yrs. Zaitsev last year, now hitting on all 3, Aaltonenn, Rosen, Borgman, give these guys a raise. In addition there is another Russian we are after who played with Zaitsev, and by his accounts would be a great NHL addition. I cannot remember his name BUT if it is true, and we sign him (I believe we have to wait until there season is over as we did with Zaitsev), and he is also really good then it is almost like we have 2 drafts. The NHL draft, and then we are "drafting," (more recruiting but anyway) a second time. I am really glad that there is a sense of pride now with the organization. We have been the laughing stock for far too long. We now have probably the best young and up and coming guys on our team outside McDavid, Eichel, Draisaitl...but not to shabby to have Matthews, Nylander, Marner. It was only 2 years ago we couldnt see any light at the end of the tunnel. We had bad contracts, no core--or rather our core was not going to suffice. Then Shanahan walks in and in 2 years look. Gutting the front office, GM, coaches, and scouting staff. I have a friend who is on talking terms with him, who told me 2 years ago that, Shanny is a hockey genius and he will do wonders for the team (friend also eats,lives, breathes hockey). At the time I could not see how, and now, well I really like where we are headed.
Igor Ozhiganov
Big punishing defenseman. Good wheels good shot and would be a welcome addition. And yes he won't be available until the end of the season

Reactions: jaric1862

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Thats the guy, jeeze--imagine he signs, which he probably will since his buddy (zaitsev) has already talked to him about our club. That gives us yet another international diamond (possible diamond in the rough). We are so stacked already--yes we could use an "elite defender," probably have that in Lily already. We are positioned even this season with our assets to bring in a key big name at the deadline if we need to. Of course injury/health plays a vital role, no way we are as healthy as last season again. But next year, where is the room? Bozak, Jvr both gone for example so 2 forwards, arguably (if we dont trade or change anything this year) Grundy suits up. If Matthews and Willie are fire together, I dont see a need to move Willie to the center position, you just use Aaltonenn (if he is up then maybe you do move Nylander) but I would say there is a trade to pick up a center if we lose Bozak---or I guess as well you could move Marleau to center, then keep Grundstrom and if it is like this years camp Johnsson. Either way we have a ton of depth everywhere--except goaltending. I look for that to be address between now and september-october 2019.

Reactions: canadon

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Some hits may be the difference maker.
TSN:
Leaf Ice Chips: Borgman appears to win last D spot
The Maple Leafs practiced for the final time ahead of their season-opener in Winnipeg and it appear as if Andreas Borgman has won the job as the sixth defenceman and Eric Fehr will start as the fourth line centre. Mark Masters has more.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Really excited to see what Borgman does this season. Played great in the preseason and I wouldn't be surprised if he develops into a top 4 guy for us. Has all the tools... love his physicality.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I think we will see all 3 of Dermott, Borgman, Rosen in the lineup this season. They could be the new Rielly, Zaitsev, Gardiner. Hainsey on LTIR by game 60 if you know what i mean ;)

Gardiner-Zaitsev
Rielly-Dermott
Borgman-Rosen

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
not sure why you have borgman with rosen--rosen just got sent down, if you mean later on in the season, that still wouldnt be a pair unless literally the rest of our defense is hurt. They wont put to rookies together, they only did it the other game because it was preseason, and good way to assess who was more NHL ready. Do I think Rosen will come up this year, yes probably as soon as some one is injured (though I have a feeling they would plug in Marincin first). But one of Rosen or Dermott will get called up at some point. That I do agree with.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Some hits may be the difference maker.
TSN:
Leaf Ice Chips: Borgman appears to win last D spot
The Maple Leafs practiced for the final time ahead of their season-opener in Winnipeg and it appear as if Andreas Borgman has won the job as the sixth defenceman and Eric Fehr will start as the fourth line centre. Mark Masters has more.

Had a feeling Fehr prior to camp would win a spot..

Leafs need Borgman's physicality on a some soft blueline.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Good for Borgman. I think he won in part because he did add an element of physicality lacking on the blueline in general. But he also has the skills to go along with that. Obviously hope things go well for him since that means they are going well for the Leafs :).

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Thats the guy, jeeze--imagine he signs, which he probably will since his buddy (zaitsev) has already talked to him about our club. That gives us yet another international diamond (possible diamond in the rough). We are so stacked already--yes we could use an "elite defender," probably have that in Lily already. We are positioned even this season with our assets to bring in a key big name at the deadline if we need to. Of course injury/health plays a vital role, no way we are as healthy as last season again. But next year, where is the room? Bozak, Jvr both gone for example so 2 forwards, arguably (if we dont trade or change anything this year) Grundy suits up. If Matthews and Willie are fire together, I dont see a need to move Willie to the center position, you just use Aaltonenn (if he is up then maybe you do move Nylander) but I would say there is a trade to pick up a center if we lose Bozak---or I guess as well you could move Marleau to center, then keep Grundstrom and if it is like this years camp Johnsson. Either way we have a ton of depth everywhere--except goaltending. I look for that to be address between now and september-october 2019.
Ya our top 6 could look very different in a couple years. It will be fun to watch it unfold.
As for the forwards I would like to see Nylander play centre but if the line is as effective as it was last year I wouldn't want to break them up.
Aaltonen looked good at camp but I don't see him as a top 9 C. Marleau hasn't played C in how long? I would prefer to keep him on the wing.
Perhaps in those JVR and Bozak trades we get a solid 3C?
Matthews
Kadri
???
Down the middle?
Or maybe a vet sniper to replace Nylander?
Matthews
Kadri
Nylander
All sounds good.

Reactions: SAMCRO44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad