GDT: Maple Leafs lead Rangers late in 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Seriously? Gardiner was traded to us by a team who thought little of his potential. Carlyle is an ex-Norris trophy defenceman, correct? So you're saying a coach who himself figured out how to be the best defencman in this league is messing up Gardiner?

I dunno, I think Carlyle is being more than fair. Jake's not a talented defensive defenceman, never has been, might never be. Just 'cause Nonis has rewarded him with a generous contract for, well, who knows, doesn't automatically turn Jake into Scott Stevens.

By this logic, Bobby Orr, Nick Lidstrom and Steve Harvey must be amazing coaches... oh wait :help:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Still think Komarov got his stick on that shot. It hit something.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Interactif said:
I'm not convinced that wasn't tipped by either Koma or Clarkson, but it was certainly them in front of the net that caused that goal. Uncredited assists. #statsdeception

looked like a low percentage shot to me, and those never go in. more empty possession for a Kadri line #corsideception

Oct 19, 2007
Kadri has a couple points and I am happy for him but let us not allow these two assists go to our heads. He has not played a good game but I would love to see him score the winner.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kadri has a couple points and I am happy for him but let us not allow these two assists go to our heads. He has not played a good game but I would love to see him score the winner.

Helps the team, and helps his trade value, win, win.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Carlyle needs to go. We need to bring in a coach Phaneuf and Rielly can work with defensively. The system smothers them so much. Ideally that guy is Babcock.

Both Rielly and Phaneuf have played well this season, but with a good system both can be much more effective.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
...I think he's had a good game...2 assists...13 faceoff wins and working hard in his own end...

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
this team is poor defensively.

rinse repeat.

worst part about it is Bernier is merely average this year. starting to look more and more like a sophomore slump..

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco

Best possession player at 57%, two assists, 70% on faceoffs, Kadri has played a great game. Deserves to be first star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad