Dreger: Maple Leafs Among Teams Interested in Hall

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Probably just trolling Boston and trying to raise the price for Hall. The path to the Cup probably rolls right through Boston again. This team can’t afford Hall. They need to rely on over the hill Toronto fanboys to take huge discounts to fill out their roster. No f***in way they are a serious player on Hall.

Here’s how the negotiations and interest will play out:
“Hey Hall why don’t you come home to Toronto like Spezza and Thornton and Simmonds? We can offer you only 2M/year but you can win it all, just like those guys!”

“….. but I’m not 40 years old and you guys didn’t come close to winning shit”

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Probably just trolling Boston and trying to raise the price for Hall. The path to the Cup probably rolls right through Boston again. This team can’t afford Hall. They need to rely on over the hill Toronto fanboys to take huge discounts to fill out their roster. No f***in way they are a serious player on Hall.

Here’s how the negotiations and interest will play out:
“Hey Hall why don’t you come home to Toronto like Spezza and Thornton and Simmonds? We can offer you only 2M/year but you can win it all, just like those guys!”

“….. but I’m not 40 years old and you guys didn’t come close to winning shit”
"But I'm from Calgary....."

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So Toronto is going to put Tavares on LTIR for the season then.....
This is probably their plan actually. They can use the kneeing incident to justify it too. Then of course, no one can cry foul cause Tampa just did the same thing.

Reactions: PapiMatthews

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Leafs must really want Shane Wright

They aren't going to be in position in order to even have a shot at landing wright. Starting in 2022 only 11th spot or higher can move up to 1OA. Leafs aren't that bad enough to end up in a top 11 for draft position.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
"But I'm from Calgary....."
Yes but what do his pajamas look like?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
People are gonna have a field day with this but Hall next to Tavares would be a match made in heaven. And the Leafs goal scoring dried up against Montreal late in that series too.

Reactions: TopCheese

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad