Maple Leafs activate F Johnsson off IR

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
A timely message for any players feeling too comfortable?

Maybe just coincidental timing or necessary by the rules for him to be active in the playoffs if Leafs win, but it will wake up one or two players I'm sure.

Let's hope they take it down tonight. Some are suggesting he will play tonight. That would be interesting.

Toronto Maple Leafs activate forward Andreas Johnsson off injured reserve - TSN.ca

Leafs PR
@LeafsPR

·
1h
The
@MapleLeafs have activated forward Andreas Johnsson from injured reserve. #LeafsForever

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Would he necessarily be better than Robertson right now? I'm not sure he would.

Maybe not right now. He might not play at all even if they win, but his breath on others necks will keep them focused.

Update: I stand corrected. He's in, Robertson is out.

Last edited:

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Maybe not right now. He might not play at all even if they win, but his breath on others necks will keep them focused.

Update: I stand corrected. He's in, Robertson is out.
Cool.
Maybe we will see a Nylander, Kapanen, Johnsson line… Ive wanted to see it at the NHL level for years

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Interesting to put him in over Robertson... johnsson has be out of game action in some time. Should be rusty. Although everyone has been off for awhile i guess.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
johnsson was always easy to knock over...

Robertson showed better strength here, but hey Johnsson can pot some goals and we need one now

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Pretty putrid move imo

Johnsson was trash before the injury and to put him into a due or die game for a kid who has been buzzing

Just trash

Reactions: Jmo89

Doc300c

Jun 18, 2014
Mississauga
A move to show he has recovered and make it easier to trade him in the offseason?
With teams seeing he is back to normal in the skating department should be easier.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
A move to show he has recovered and make it easier to trade him in the offseason?
With teams seeing he is back to normal in the skating department should be easier.

yep. Exactly this. Show that he is healthy and recovered for a trade. He has to go. At least get him on the ice for a game to show.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
There was no reason to play him in Game 5. Brought mostly nothing... if he was healthy though I do think he would have helped the team. I am always on the fence over Johnsson, but I hope we keep him over Kapanen.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Brutal decision, a guy who's been injured is supposed to step in and keep up with pseudo-playoff hockey?? Keefe/Dubas out to lunch as usual.

Ifittex il Verita

Sep 11, 2019
There was no reason to play him in Game 5. Brought mostly nothing... if he was healthy though I do think he would have helped the team. I am always on the fence over Johnsson, but I hope we keep him over Kapanen.

I don't know anyone could look at tonight's tight checking game and think Robertson would have made any difference.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Atleast he proved he can play for a summer trade.

If still on IR, he may not get into the trade conversation.

Reactions: Korg

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Can't blame Keefe for putting Johnsson back in the lineup. He was a mainstay and high up in the lineup prior to the injury. The game wasn't lost on this one decision. Tough season in numerous areas on the injury front for the team. Guess that can only account for so much though at the end of the day.

Reactions: Gallagbi

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I don't know anyone could look at tonight's tight checking game and think Robertson would have made any difference.

I wasn't insinuating he would have, but his timing would have been way better and he never looked out of place. Neither player would have been the reason we won or lost.
I assume coach has a ton of belief in Johnsson and was thinking he would be flying high on adrenaline... maybe he was.

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
yep the old pump an dump . Tbey had to get him on the ice and into a game . Too bad it was the series winning game . For the greater good i suppose

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I understand what they did, but was it really necessary? Aim at winning and showcase him in the 2nd round. Not a fan of this decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad