Rumor: Maple Leaf Winter Classic Jerseys

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Didn't see this posted, but it seems as though this is the jersey that was to be worn this past Winter Classic by the Leafs. I find the black lace a bit odd.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/2/14/leafs-winter-classic-jersey-leaked.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-UNRELE...-Jersey-/271156033507?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

0214-tor-wc13.png

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I like those jerseys a lot, but I think they need to cut down the stripes on the sleeves to 3, instead of 4. 4 makes it look too busy. And replace the black lace with a white one. Aside from that it's great.

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
Awesome, like the 70's e but you gotta go with the older jersey

Come on the leafs actually have some history so might as well hark back to the proper old days

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
it's gorgeous. the sleeve is a bit too stripey if I would make a complaint and the draw string should be white, but minor quibbles aside it's a winner and one Leaf fans have long wanted the Leafs to wear again.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Love it. The blue looks awesome though I'm assuming that this is just the rumoured style of jersey as the Leafs jersey would be white since they will be the road team. I kind of hope that it's the blue version though. Leafs have played with their home jerseys on the road before while the home team wore their away jerseys (though I don't know why that was done). Maybe they'll let both teams wear home colour jerseys since red and blue are in no way similar to one another.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Love it. The blue looks awesome though I'm assuming that this is just the rumoured style of jersey as the Leafs jersey would be white since they will be the road team. I kind of hope that it's the blue version though. Leafs have played with their home jerseys on the road before while the home team wore their away jerseys (though I don't know why that was done). Maybe they'll let both teams wear home colour jerseys since red and blue are in no way similar to one another.

Home and away standards to out the window for the Winter Classic.

I suspect we will be wearing blue because the Wings can do a fit more with a white base than a red one.

I agree though, I want to see red vs blue. The Leafs and Wings regular uniforms contrast so much as it is, I don't see why they can't both wear their darks. It's not like the rangers or Habs where they're a mish mash of the same colours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad