Mantha out 4-6 Weeks with Hand Injury

Christien

May 1, 2010
That really unfortunate news. I still don't think they'll bring up Zadina, but who knows?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Stop fighting Mantha...

I want to see Puempel up with the Wings for a few games. I wouldn't call up Zadina yet. His AHL numbers are finally starting to look respectable, let him keep producing down there and then call him up in April for 5 games.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Could be a blessing in disguise for the tank. Rasmussen will get a lot more playing time on the PP and 5 on 5 now probably as well

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
It was a stupid fight.

I have a problem with fighting and cheap shit just to make yourself feel better when you're losing. That's what we were doing. Fight to change momentum, fighting to send a message, those are ok. I'm struggling to see how Bertuzzi and Mantha were trying to help their team. Well, they ended up costing their team, so great.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
It was a stupid fight.

I have a problem with fighting and cheap **** just to make yourself feel better when you're losing. That's what we were doing. Fight to change momentum, fighting to send a message, those are ok. I'm struggling to see how Bertuzzi and Mantha were trying to help their team. Well, they ended up costing their team, so great.
Stupid fight? Larkin got hit in the head. When your best player gets clocked you punch back. They were down by one goal and if you don't think the Red Wings sent a message then I'm not sure what to tell you.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Under the circumstances I understand why Mantha fought and I like that he sticks up for his teammates. But this is his second broken hand for such an unnecessary thing. I hope he stops fighting/does it very rarely.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It was a stupid fight.

I have a problem with fighting and cheap **** just to make yourself feel better when you're losing. That's what we were doing. Fight to change momentum, fighting to send a message, those are ok. I'm struggling to see how Bertuzzi and Mantha were trying to help their team. Well, they ended up costing their team, so great.
I didn't like Mantha's actions, at all, when you fight someone the fight doesn't start because you threw your gloves off. That being said, Larkin took a check to his head - I don't think it was dirty - but he didn't fight Nemeth for no reason.
He's should be done fighting barring an extreme circumstance.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
When he comes back I'm listening to all offers for Mantha he has been a major disappointment. I was hoping/expecting him to get 35+ goals this year. I would take a first round pick for him if anyone would do that.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Stupid fight? Larkin got hit in the head. When your best player gets clocked you punch back. They were down by one goal and if you don't think the Red Wings sent a message then I'm not sure what to tell you.
Agreed.

On seeing the replays a few times I do think the hit on Larkin was inadvertent head contact. But in the game I'm sure it looked like a headshot. The broken hand sucks but I'm glad someone went after the player for what looked like a dirty hit.

Same on Bert too. It's a pretty solid shot but Cole's elbow gets high.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I dont agree with Mantha fighting mainly because he is one of our top guys. That's what Witkowski is here for, well partly, if we need someones ass beat they need to unleash the beard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad