Mantha being scratched again in NY tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
#RedWings lines tonight. Anthony Mantha will be a HEALTHY SCRATCH. pic.twitter.com/NqNx5ubbEY

— Brock Seguin (@Brock_Seguin) March 10, 2017

Guess the tank is in. Sheahan will take his spot.... lawls.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
#RedWings lines tonight. Anthony Mantha will be a HEALTHY SCRATCH. pic.twitter.com/NqNx5ubbEY

— Brock Seguin (@Brock_Seguin) March 10, 2017

Guess the tank is in. Sheahan will take his spot.... lawls.

Completely ridiculous when Mantha gets scratched but Sheahan never is even considered for it. Can't wait for Blashill to get fired.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I don't see them winning without him, so this is probably a positive. Granted, it'll make the game even more boring, but I guess we'll just have to live with that.

Yeah seriously, he was one of the only players I am interested watching. Oh well.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
No one knows what he may have done to earn the scratch. The Wings don't publicize their laundry like other teams.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Lol Blashill is a royal joke, Blashill would rather keep in Riley Sheahan 0 goals 9 assists 9 points over Anthony Mantha 14 goals 19 assists 33 points i think Blash is trying to tank this team. No wonder why some of these players wanted out like Jurco and Marchenko.:shakehead

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Haven't watched since the first game back from the bye week. Was going to watch tonight. Now I won't.

Hard to be upset with this though.

I disagree, this is pretty hypocritical from Blashill. He only has the guts to scratch a rookie, but he wouldn't dare hold any veterans accountable. It's a joke. It's not just Blashill who does this, lots of coaches have done this. But it doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Trashill is the ultimate tank commander. Mantha is a detriment to his plans

What a hire by Kenny!

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
I disagree, this is pretty hypocritical from Blashill. He only has the guts to scratch a rookie, but he wouldn't dare hold any veterans accountable. It's a joke. It's not just Blashill who does this, lots of coaches have done this. But it doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

A little more upset after seeing the "explanation"

**** Blashill

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Given the organization's handling of him, I'm constantly surprised Mantha hasn't publicly requested a trade.

But hey, at least Sheahan will get some more valuable top 6 time. He is, after all, the real future of this franchise.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
wow this is horrible. way to shake a player's confidence. Talk about a scapegoat.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

This is why I think Blashill has lost the locker room. The youngsters are fed up and stopped playing for him.

[spoil]of course I have no basis of this actually being true. It's just my conspiracy theory of the week.[/spoil]

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I really do think Mantha is going to take it to another level once Blash is gone. They've never really seen eye to eye, with Blash benching him a ton in their time in the AHL together. Nelson would be a great coach for him.

Pump the breaks a bit. We've been down that road before. All I'm saying is be careful what you wish for.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
This is why I think Blashill has lost the locker room. The youngsters are fed up and stopped playing for him.

[spoil]of course I have no basis of this actually being true. It's just my conspiracy theory of the week.[/spoil]

I think it's the middle aged guys (Nyquist, Tatar, DDK etc.) that are tuning him out if anyone. Veterans outside of Z just can't hack it anymore. The young guys are the only ones besides Z playing well (Larkin's sophomore slump being the exception, but those happen to players regardless of coaching)

And I don't have a problem with this because Mantha has always taken a good response to harsh criticism. He hasn't been the kind to sulk. Basically this is more "Mo, we know you got more in the tank than you're showing.

Kid that gets all Bs suddenly gets a C, you say "wtf, kid, you are better than that. You're grounded for a day". Dummy kid that gets Ds and that's truly his upper limit? Nothing happens when he gets a D.

People need to stop living and dying over one days benching.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Completely ridiculous when Mantha gets scratched but Sheahan never is even considered for it. Can't wait for Blashill to get fired.
My very thoughts exactly! If this doesn't show just how truly incompetent & idiotic Blashill's logic is.

His departure can't happen soon enough, utterly ridiculous. :rant:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I think it's the middle aged guys (Nyquist, Tatar, DDK etc.) that are tuning him out if anyone. Veterans outside of Z just can't hack it anymore. The young guys are the only ones besides Z playing well (Larkin's sophomore slump being the exception, but those happen to players regardless of coaching)

And I don't have a problem with this because Mantha has always taken a good response to harsh criticism. He hasn't been the kind to sulk. Basically this is more "Mo, we know you got more in the tank than you're showing.

Kid that gets all Bs suddenly gets a C, you say "wtf, kid, you are better than that. You're grounded for a day". Dummy kid that gets Ds and that's truly his upper limit? Nothing happens when he gets a D.

People need to stop living and dying over one days benching.
I'm sure it can be hard for the B kids though when they see the D kids are never getting punished just because its not expected for them to be a B kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad