Manitoba Moose - who do you think will have a breakout season?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Also going to say Spacek. Looked great in the viewings I had last year.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Good question:

I am hoping that Harkins takes a big step forward and puts himself back in the mix.

I am hoping for solid opening years for Green, Stanley and Mckenzie.

Other than that I think Spacek continues to develop.

I'm cautiously optimistic for Harkins and Spacek. I think your other 3 will all need a year in the A before they step up - like Harkins needed last year.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Spacek, Lemieux, Harkins are the obvious choices. Hoping for Stanley too.
My thoughts, too. I think Stanley will have a good season. I like him better than most do. His poise with the puck can't be taught and I think it will translate well to the pro game.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Appleton was a surprise for a lot of people, Spacek and Harkins brought a lot of promise to camp.

Veselainen on the wing with Appleton and Griffith could be fun to watch.

Suess, coming off a Hobey Baker finalist year, and more physically mature, seems like a guy who might surprise this year.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not sold on Appleton yet. I mentioned in another thread his 2017-2018 highlights package were more an homage to Petan & Roslovic that to him. He's at the top of my list for regression. The juries out whether he's able to drive play on his own.

Very interested to see Vesalainen on a smaller ice surface. Again watching his highlight package, much of it seemed due to the space he was given to create offence. He's reputed to be a monster on the boards, so I doubt he'll have an issue adjusting, but I do think there will be a learning curve.

Stanley's back from surgery & rookie camp showed a marked improvement. It's said he is as motivated to improving his game as Scheifele, so there's no doubt he will continue to improve. Whether that's enough to be worth the price we paid to acquire him is another matter altogether, but I'm hoping he's the one player who makes a big jump forward this season.

Lemieux was a pleasant surprise last season. His game is coming along nicely, it's a shame his one ice demeanour shows no improvement at all.

Spacek's second half was outstanding. Simply maintaining that level of production has him as the Moose's top player in 2018-2019.

Niku may make the Jets out of camp, but if not let's hope he can continue the same offensive production while improving his defensive game.

Quite often those graduating form the US college ranks turn heads once playing in the AHL. Is CJ Suess one of those players?

Other players who could eventually play a role in future editions of the Jets roster include Comrie, Berdin & perhaps Green.

Moose roster looks good. Schilling, Griffith & Kerdiles aren't NHL players, but have something to offer at the AHL level.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Stanley will be better than most expect and will put up some powerplay points on the second unit. Us Jets fans don't talk about his shot enough - it's really good!

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Stanley will be better than most expect

tenor.gif

;)

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Of the players that won’t be starting on the Jets, I think both Green and Spacek will take big steps forward.
I think Harkins will continue to disappoint somewhat and Appleton might take a small step back, at least points wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad