your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Lowlights from tonight's loss...

The struggle is real...

AHL Central.png

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
1-7 to start the year is not good, though they've had a ton of injuries. Feels like they could use some veteran leadership in the room to help reverse this demoralizing series of losses -- looking at you, Borque, Bitetto and Sbisa...

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
1-7 to start the year is not good, though they've had a ton of injuries. Feels like they could use some veteran leadership in the room to help reverse this demoralizing series of losses -- looking at you, Borque, Bitetto and Sbisa...

They could maybe use a different head coach too and since Maurice is already in the organization . . .

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It was a demote-Maurice comment but I see and agree with your point also.

Yeah, I got that. Pretty good actually.

But blaming Vincent for the Moose record doesn't stand up. Injuries and Maurice's guiding hand have handicapped him.

Would Vincent be ruled out as a candidate for Mau's job as a result? Maybe, but does that make sense? If Vincent could have been seen as a viable option 8 games ago, it shouldn't have changed.

Reactions: Mbraunm

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Yeah, I got that. Pretty good actually.

But blaming Vincent for the Moose record doesn't stand up. Injuries and Maurice's guiding hand have handicapped him.

Would Vincent be ruled out as a candidate for Mau's job as a result? Maybe, but does that make sense? If Vincent could have been seen as a viable option 8 games ago, it shouldn't have changed.

I'm not familiar enough with Vincent to say he should be fired (although I might say it at some point anyway) or promoted (which I would agree with at least temporarily as it would mean the end of Maurice).

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm not familiar enough with Vincent to say he should be fired (although I might say it at some point anyway) or promoted (which I would agree with at least temporarily as it would mean the end of Maurice).

If Maurice goes in-season I would be in favour of giving Vincent the interim job. Find out if he is HC material or not. That is depending on what other candidates happen to be available at the time.

Reactions: Mbraunm

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It's almost as though people think that players don't matter in team performance. The D has been decimated across the organization, and that's not really something the coaches can ameliorate easily.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What is wrong with the Manitoba Moose? They seem to be regressing every year since Pascal Vincent took over. I seriously question if he is going to be relieved of his duties and a new coach replaces him. This is a team that only has Logan Shaw up with the Jets. Kristian Vesalainen must be choked as his North American career has been an incredible bust. He has 2 assists this year in 8 games. I haven't seen any games this year and would appreciate some details as to what is going on with the AHL club.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
What is wrong with the Manitoba Moose? They seem to be regressing every year since Pascal Vincent took over. I seriously question if he is going to be relieved of his duties and a new coach replaces him. This is a team that only has Logan Shaw up with the Jets. Kristian Vesalainen must be choked as his North American career has been an incredible bust. He has 2 assists this year in 8 games. I haven't seen any games this year and would appreciate some details as to what is going on with the AHL club.
Aren't they running similar systems to the Jets? And defensive injuries have left them pretty thin (no Niku, I think Green is hurt, plus the Jets have a few callups with Buff out and Beaulieu injured).

What's going on with Comrie? Are the Coyotes just going to carry 3 goalies all year? I'd expect him back as soon as he's waived.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It seems like the defensive system is also sucking the offense dry from the Moose along with the Jets.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
How is Berdin doing? Just stat watching here, but his .898 SV% is not encouraging.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Niku - Kovacevic
Heinola - Nogier
Schilling - Gawanke
Stoykewich - Green
Stanley (injured)

something like this?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Niku - Kovacevic
Heinola - Nogier
Schilling - Gawanke
Stoykewich - Green
Stanley (injured)

something like this?
How is Heinola on the 2nd pairing? He needs all the opportunities as he’s our brightest prospect right now.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Niku tends to prefer the right side, does he not play in the A on the right side as well?

Heinola - Niku top pairing would be interesting...

Reactions: snowkiddin

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
D group is gonna be even more crowded if Heinola ends up staying long term.

Schilling and Stoykewych AHL vet LHD that have played every game so far this year.. Not sure who would be coming out if both Stanley and Heinola were ready to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad