Manitoba Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Michael Spacek signed a one year contract with Tappara and will be playing the 2020-21 season in Finland. Any thoughts of what kind of a player he is ? Strengths, weaknesses ?

What I remember about seeing in juniors is he was smooth skating but very sharp turns and control on his edges. He hustled on the puck all the time and attacked the play well, and was a crafty scorer.
I haven't seen him play in a few years now, and not sure of his forte now as a pro on the Moose?

Last edited:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Not sure if this goes here but for some reason Tim Tebow and some other athletes joined the ownership of our ECHL affiliate in Jacksonville
Myles Jack, Reggie Hayward Join Tim Tebow on Jacksonville Icemen's Ownership Team | Sports Illustrated Jacksonville Jaguars News, Analysis and More
Interesting. My inlaws live down there and I caught a Lizard Kings game once when I was visiting. Twrrible venue for hockey.

At the time, Ron Dugay was coaching them. I was more interested with catching a glimpse of the famed locks than watching the game. ECHL was lower calibre then.

I was also hoping to run into his then-wife, Kim Alexis

Reactions: jetsforever

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
We heard from: Johnny Kovacevic, Logan Stanley, Jimmy Oligny, CJ Suess, Nelson Nogier, Cole Maier, Brent Pedersen, Leon Gawanke, Skyler McKenzie, Kristian Reichel & David Gustafsson.

Had a length conversation with him about last season, his off season and a look ahead.

Reactions: hn777

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
We spoke to Manitoba Moose head coach Pascal Vincent over the weekend. Our discussion covered a number of topics including:

1) NHL return to play impact on the AHL
2) NHL taxi squads
3) Staying in touch with prospects during this long offseason.
4) Prospects who played overseas.
5). Mikhail Berdin
6). Maturity of David Gustafsson
7). His acting in the Moose holiday video.

jetsfanpei

Jan 16, 2017
PEI
Maybe off topic I apologize if wrong thread, does anyone have a Manitoba moose law enforcement jersey they’re willing to part with? Doesn’t matter player!

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020

Damn. I mean, good for him, but I was kind of looking forward to seeing the first player make the jump from the Winnipeg ICE to the Moose/Jets organization. But I guess in his situation can't really sit around and wait for the AHL to get going, which it very well may not this year. I was pretty impressed with Johnson's game last season in the Dub.

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
Now that the AHL is planning a February start, here's how some teams are planning to play their seasons:

It would just make sense to play Moose games out the Iceplex this season. No one's coming.

Also, they need games on radio. Not this internet-only ploy that CJOB is planning.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
So is AHL TV going to be the only way to watch any Moose games this season?

Given the lack of sports programming on television these days it might be nice to get a few games on TSN, or maybe even on some of the local broadcasters for some of that throwback flavour... "Moose Hockey on CKY with Steve Vogelsang"!

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
Any idea what the Moose roster looks like right now?
They appear to have a full compliment of defence but only one line of forwards?

McKenzie,Perfetti,Reichel

injured Tonitato,Gustafson.

why not go get Deleo and Petan off waivers and put them on the Jets Taxi squad ?

they are still short at least two complete lines of forwards ?

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
They appear to have a full compliment of defence but only one line of forwards?

McKenzie,Perfetti,Reichel

injured Tonitato,Gustafson.

why not go get Deleo and Petan off waivers and put them on the Jets Taxi squad ?

they are still short at least two complete lines of forwards ?

Perfetti isn’t eligible for the AHL for two more seasons

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Interesting move as the Canucks are sharing their farm team with the Blues this year.

Solves the 2nd goalie mystery. Two Latvians on the Moose now.

Nice for Sauntner to return home. He's probably happy to be in Manitoba.

Gravouac might be a good player to have around if CJ Suess stays on the taxi squad once the AHL season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad