Manitoba Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Prior to these demotions the Moose had a defence of Stanley, Gawanke, Green & Kovacevic in addition to their AHL only contacts.

Rosters are rather thin at each each level.

Sorry, my comment related to the speculation that Harkins would also get sent down just so he could play in the AHL all-star game. That's what made me think Harkins would rather miss the ASG for more money in his pocket. Of course, I'm just a guy that would take money over an honour any day and every day. :laugh:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Prior to these demotions the Moose had a defence of Stanley, Gawanke, Green & Kovacevic in addition to their AHL only contacts.

Rosters are rather thin at each each level.

And you can remove Stanley as he was hurt in the last game although he finished the game (but won't play this weekend) while Luke Green has been out since December 3rd.

On a positive note Gawanke and Kovacevic are getting more minutes than a first-year pro could ask for.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Sorry, my comment related to the speculation that Harkins would also get sent down just so he could play in the AHL all-star game. That's what made me think Harkins would rather miss the ASG for more money in his pocket. Of course, I'm just a guy that would take money over an honour any day and every day. :laugh:
Is the AsG the same day as a regular game? Why can’t he do both?

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
It really is too bad the Moose are not doing better. I'm pretty sure TNSE had it in there business plan to capitalize on at least one team making the playoffs and generating that revenue. It just hasn't worked out that way yet.

I know that I would certainly attend the Moose playoff games if the Jets were out. I think the rink would be relatively full.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
It really is too bad the Moose are not doing better. I'm pretty sure TNSE had it in there business plan to capitalize on at least one team making the playoffs and generating that revenue. It just hasn't worked out that way

I know that I would certainly attend the Moose playoff games if the Jets were out. I think the rink would be relatively full.[/QUOTE[/QUOTE

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
With Jansen Harkins assigned to the Moose to participate in the AHL All-Star game and in order to be roster compliant the Jets have recalled Cam Schilling from the Moose. Nice for the veteran to earn NHL dollars during the AHL All-Star break.
Ppl will be upset by this post pointing out Seuss should be the 1st one up to get more money.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
With Jansen Harkins assigned to the Moose to participate in the AHL All-Star game and in order to be roster compliant the Jets have recalled Cam Schilling from the Moose. Nice for the veteran to earn NHL dollars during the AHL All-Star break.

Relatively speaking he's already well paid, earning $250,000 a year in the AHL on a 2-way contract.

Yes he's tripled his salary, but many of the Moose, like Jarkins, earn 10x their AHL salary per day when called up.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Ppl will be upset by this post pointing out Seuss should be the 1st one up to get more money.

Relatively speaking he's already well paid, earning $250,000 a year in the AHL on a 2-way contract.

Yes he's tripled his salary, but many of the Moose, like Jarkins, earn 10x their AHL salary per day when called up.

As far as I know NHLers get paid bi-weekly on a per game basis. The way I was told to think of it is that each game is basically a cheque that gets put into escrow and all that fun accounting/tax stuff happens and then it's dropped into a chequing account for them twice a month. So Schilling, as far as I know, isn't getting paid anything more because he isn't suiting up for any NHL games. Basically the team needs to play a game, in order for you to make that money. I read on reddit that these kinds of callups are more of a compliance thing and the guys getting said callups are still getting paid AHL money unless the NHL team plays a game with them on the 23 man roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad