Manitoba Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
What were the forward lines and d pairs when the season ended?

Seemed to be so much up and down with the Jets.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
upload_2020-5-4_14-11-2.png

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
“After a lengthy review process, the American Hockey League has determined that the resumption and completion of the 2019-20 season is not feasible in light of current conditions,” AHL president and CEO David Andrews said in a statement. “The League’s operational focus has turned toward actively preparing for the 2020-21 season.

“We are very grateful to the National Hockey League and its teams for their support and leadership in navigating through the challenges faced over the past two months. The AHL continues to place paramount importance on the health and safety of our players, officials, staff and fans and all of their families, and we all look forward to returning to our arenas in 2020-21.”

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
“After a lengthy review process, the American Hockey League has determined that the resumption and completion of the 2019-20 season is not feasible in light of current conditions,” AHL president and CEO David Andrews said in a statement. “The League’s operational focus has turned toward actively preparing for the 2020-21 season.

“We are very grateful to the National Hockey League and its teams for their support and leadership in navigating through the challenges faced over the past two months. The AHL continues to place paramount importance on the health and safety of our players, officials, staff and fans and all of their families, and we all look forward to returning to our arenas in 2020-21.”

Season ends with a thud.
1202901.jpg

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com

“But at the end of the day to me it’s his mindset. He’s a very mature person. He knows who he is. He knows what he needs to do to have success and that’s what he brings. And for him to understand that part of the game, and it’s the game within the game, it’s a real advantage that he has cause for some players it takes years (for them) to understand who they are and some of them never truly understand and that’s why for some of them they never have the career they should be having. But for David I think he has a really good understanding of what he needs to do and to be proud of it. To be the guy that wants to be on the ice when we have to kill a penalty and taking a lot of pride in doing this and being the best at it. I think this guy is going to be a real good hockey player for a very long time.”

Moose coach Pascal Vincent as part of his video chat to discuss the cancellation of the AHL season spoke about what he saw from David Gustafsson in the time he spent with Manitoba.

Reactions: hn777

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

“But at the end of the day to me it’s his mindset. He’s a very mature person. He knows who he is. He knows what he needs to do to have success and that’s what he brings. And for him to understand that part of the game, and it’s the game within the game, it’s a real advantage that he has cause for some players it takes years (for them) to understand who they are and some of them never truly understand and that’s why for some of them they never have the career they should be having. But for David I think he has a really good understanding of what he needs to do and to be proud of it. To be the guy that wants to be on the ice when we have to kill a penalty and taking a lot of pride in doing this and being the best at it. I think this guy is going to be a real good hockey player for a very long time.”

Moose coach Pascal Vincent as part of his video chat to discuss the cancellation of the AHL season spoke about what he saw from David Gustafsson in the time he spent with Manitoba.

I don't expect Lowry to re-sign with the Jets, but if the Jets are considering an overpay to retain him, that would be a mistake. I think Gus can fill Lowry's skates with ease. How many defensive centres that can't score does a team really need?

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
It was a great play. Yes has looked very good for a while now, and he and Gus work well with each other -- could be part of a nice line with size, skill, decent speed (Ves has some wheels and Gus has added some pace and should get even quicker) and finishing.
Maybe Laine signed longer term and fast-forward a couple years...
2022/23 season and Winnipeg's top-line could be :
Lw- Kristian Vesalainen#93/ C-David Gustafsson#19/ Rw-Patrik Laine#29
Scoring at a 2 goals per game pace ... dreamer, nuthin' butt a dreamer...

Last edited:

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny

That's my take on him (D Gus), is that he will become very good, productive NHL playerfor a long time. Just hope Chevy frees up the Center position, no more middling picks or waiver-wirepickups, and that Maurice gives him valid opportunity with a learning curve on a decent line with regular shifts, and Not used as a plug-in here and there, and then sat in PrBx for lack of production.
Just saying...

Last edited:
Reactions: JetsUK

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I don't expect Lowry to re-sign with the Jets, but if the Jets are considering an overpay to retain him, that would be a mistake. I think Gus can fill Lowry's skates with ease. How many defensive centres that can't score does a team really need?
Who knows? Maybe Maurice/Chevy combo are going for a record?
Trade Scheifele for 2 more checking Center's and a decent draft pick, and we will find out, eh! Oh us, just resign Cody Eakin, sit Scheifele, play:
Cody Eakin(20), Andrew Copp(9),,David Gustafsson(19) and Adam Lowry(17).
Trade Scheifele, Harkins, Little for a future star Goalie and 2 top D-menmaybe.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
As someone who hasn't paid much attention to the Moose, it's a bit surprising. Body giving up on him? Looking forward to hearing the conference call.

He had a serious injury last year. Not sure what it was but it may have been a factor.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He had a serious injury last year. Not sure what it was but it may have been a factor.

Only played 12 games this season. Approaching 28 YO. Time to say goodbye to the hockey dream and move on to the next phase in his life. Played 4 years of NCAA hockey, so I assume he has an education to fall back on.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg

Was expecting this news. Conference call at noon. Will post it when available.

I played with him for a little bit, awesome guy.

I hope nothing but the best for him, I hope the Moose/Jets give him a role within the organization such as an assistant coach role. I found he was an amazing captain for the Moose.

Reactions: hn777 and ICdave

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com

Hard work paid off for Reichel.

2020-21: $700,000 Base + $15,000 SB
2021-22: $775,000 Base + $15,000 SB

His second year with Manitoba was much better from a production perspective as he scored 12 goals (all even strength) along with five assists in 39 games. This included five goals in the final six games of the season for the Moose and saw him end the abbreviated season on the top line with David Gustafsson and Kristian Vesalainen.

Reactions: hn777

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg

Hard work paid off for Reichel.

2020-21: $700,000 Base + $15,000 SB
2021-22: $775,000 Base + $15,000 SB

His second year with Manitoba was much better from a production perspective as he scored 12 goals (all even strength) along with five assists in 39 games. This included five goals in the final six games of the season for the Moose and saw him end the abbreviated season on the top line with David Gustafsson and Kristian Vesalainen.

It’s really nice to see this. The Moose turned a CHL free-agent Alex Burrows into an NHLer all those years ago and maybe it’s time to do it again with Reichel. His end of season was truly impressive and I hope he starts next season in the Top 6 with PP time.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
SeasonTeamGPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHGGWGSOGSOASO%SHSH%
2019-20 Regular Season Manitoba Moose 39 12 5 17 1 18 0 0 1 0 0 0.0 61 19.7
2018-19 Regular Season Manitoba Moose 55 2 8 10 -3 14 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 58 3.4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Hmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad