Manitoba Moose 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
3 or 4 game stretches don't mean much though

Never said they did. I said it was a bad start, I never wrote the guy off. I am saying that based on his very mediocre play from first two years (~.906) the early poor start is not what he needed. I said he needs to pick it up. Hutch is sporting a .915, once again a failed NHL goalie is outplaying him like Pavelec did last year.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Never said they did. I said it was a bad start, I never wrote the guy off. I am saying that based on his very mediocre play from first two years (~.906) the early poor start is not what he needed. I said he needs to pick it up. Hutch is sporting a .915, once again a failed NHL goalie is outplaying him like Pavelec did last year.

I'm not particularly high on Comrie either. And I definitely have more faith in Helle. Just thought you were trying to write him off already by your post

Reactions: Hobby Bull

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
IMG_3518.jpg

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
So Niku is pretty good or what? Sheesh, checked his stats and he has 6pts in 6gp. How has he been overall?

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Glad to See Appleton get his first pro goal last night. I think he will really impress us next year after he works out his pro legs this year.

On a other note.....( Past Moose)

-Scott Kosmo-chuk... is leading the Hartford Wolf pack in scoring with 6 points in 6 games so far.

- Dan DeSalvo one of the Moose top scorers the last 2 years has 0 points in 6 games for Hartford.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
So Niku is pretty good or what? Sheesh, checked his stats and he has 6pts in 6gp. How has he been overall?

I've only seen one game, but he looked like our best defenseman already. He struggled a bit with having less time and space on the smaller ice, so a strong fore-check was giving him trouble.

Reactions: PG Canuck

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I love the idea of Niku getting this full Morrissey type season in the AHL to learn the North American game on the small ice. Just keep the development "process" rolling.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I love the idea of Niku getting this full Morrissey type season in the AHL to learn the North American game on the small ice. Just keep the development "process" rolling.

I don't think there's any reason he should be recalled at this point. Of course the injury train could hit us again and then all bets are off

Reactions: ps241

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed. Just let him play and develop. As it is we have an extra d-man up with the big club.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
-Scott Kosmo-chuk... is leading the Hartford Wolf pack in scoring with 6 points in 6 games so far.

I'd honestly love to hear from the organization why Kosmo wasn't re-signed. There must be a specific reason because he surely was scoring regularly and looked at least okay in his NHL stint.

Other then that I could see the Moose have a very nice season this year. I expect playoffs.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I'd honestly love to hear from the organization why Kosmo wasn't re-signed. There must be a specific reason because he surely was scoring regularly and looked at least okay in his NHL stint.

Other then that I could see the Moose have a very nice season this year. I expect playoffs.

I was surprised when we did not extend a qualifying offer to him last year. After his good 2nd E.L.C year he regressed in his 3rd year a bit. He was also a healthy scratch down the stretch last year.
Probably a room/team chemistry thing as his play would merit A.H.L ice time.

He did score 50 goals and 100 points in his D+2 O.H.L. year.

Not a big loss....... gives more ice time to our younger prospects.

Just have to get rid of Lodge this summer..

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Weird game tomorrow at 11AM.
Weird doesn't even begin to describe it.

Weekday, with no surrounding holiday... What do you think? 12 fans in attendance?

If you're retired, on a highly desirable late October holiday, or otherwise unemployed, you simply have to be there!!!

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Weird doesn't even begin to describe it.

Weekday, with no surrounding holiday... What do you think? 12 fans in attendance?

If you're retired, on a highly desirable late October holiday, or otherwise unemployed, you simply have to be there!!!

It will be full of school kids bused in. Some AHL teams have games like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad