Manitoba Moose 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So if I understand this then the Jets returned 4 players to the Moose today. They then immediately recalled two of them.

(see attached)

For the remainder of the regular season the Jets may only recall 4 players. Roslovic & Hutch count as two. If the Jets roster falls to less than 12 forwards, 6 defensemen or 2 goalies, additional players may be called up under emergency recall rules. Once the emergency has passes these players are returned.

Once the playoffs begin the Jets may recall an unlimited number of players, but is limited to only three recalled players on the active roster at once.

Let me know if this is correct.View attachment 100877

Interesting thing is that in order for them to send Hutch down they must have activated Mason from IR. of course it doesn't matter now that there is no 23 man roster.

Yes the Jets have now used 2 of the 4 recalls. But the list of players on the team who won't dress tomorrow (assuming Stastny plays) is

Dano-healthy
Morrow - healthy
Tanev - real close
Mason - real close
Matthias - 1 week?
Lowry - 1 week?
Trouba - 2 weeks?

Will they actually need any more callups?

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Interesting thing is that in order for them to send Hutch down they must have activated Mason from IR. of course it doesn't matter now that there is no 23 man roster.

Yes the Jets have now used 2 of the 4 recalls. But the list of players on the team who won't dress tomorrow (assuming Stastny plays) is

Dano-healthy
Morrow - healthy
Tanev - real close
Mason - real close
Matthias - 1 week?
Lowry - 1 week?
Trouba - 2 weeks?

Will they actually need any more callups?

That's a very good point, 2 goalies must always be on the roster. Capfriendly still has Mason on IR. That said they listed Hutchison on IR until puck drop Saturday night.

Both were apparently cleared to play late last week. I'm sure theres some logical explanation.

I'm sure Hutchinson has to go down. He needs to stay game ready.

On the subject of needing to play, for arguments sake, can Mason go down to the Moose on a conditioning assignment? If so does anyone think it would be necessary? He hasn't played since January 9th.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
That's a very good point, 2 goalies must always be on the roster. Capfriendly still has Mason on IR. That said they listed Hutchison on IR until puck drop Saturday night.

Both were apparently cleared to play late last week. I'm sure theres some logical explanation.

On the subject of needing to play, for arguments sake, can Mason go down to the Moose on a conditioning assignment? If so does anyone think it would be necessary? He hasn't played since January 9th.
pretty sure we have a home stand coming up for moose it would be smart to have him play a cpl to get back in the groove.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

Yes Mason can go down on a conditioning stint, but he has to agree to it. If he doesn't the Jets can't force him.

There is no cap savings with a conditioning stint. Mason would remain on the NHL roster for cap purposes.

If Hutch gets sent down the Jets daily cap hit is reduced as they can bury all but $125k of his cap hit.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
It's possible that the "two active goalies on roster" rule isn't enforced when it comes to these paper transactions. In that case, all three of Hutchinson, Comrie, Phillips would be available for the AHL playoffs while Mason remains on IR.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
It's possible that the "two active goalies on roster" rule isn't enforced when it comes to these paper transactions. In that case, all three of Hutchinson, Comrie, Phillips would be available for the AHL playoffs while Mason remains on IR.
I'm not sure. There is no exception for this in the CBA. In the end it really doesn't matter whether a player is on IR or not. If the Jets want to keep a 27 man roster now, they are allowed to.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I wonder if they'll have our away playoff games

SN did show the finals when the ice caps were in it. I wouldn't count on full playoff coverage. I think you'll get on e game per week involving a Canadian team. Toronto Laval Belleville Winnipeg

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
A lot better than the NCAA college hockey games between two schools no one has heard of that probably couldn't beat some CIS teams that they had been showing the past couple years.

NCAA teams do play CIS teams in the preseason and they usually kick the snot out of them.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
NCAA teams do play CIS teams in the preseason and they usually kick the snot out of them.

Not all of them, the U of M here plays and annual game against UND in Grand Forks and the UND usually wins by 3-4 goals, that being said UND is also usually a top ten ranked hockey program! Higer ranked CIS schools would hold their own against mid to lower NCAA hockey programs!

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Not all of them, the U of M here plays and annual game against UND in Grand Forks and the UND usually wins by 3-4 goals, that being said UND is also usually a top ten ranked hockey program! Higer ranked CIS schools would hold their own against mid to lower NCAA hockey programs!

I used to watch the Michigan preseason games when we had prospects there. The games were never close. The games on TV are normally the top conferences in the NCAA. Those are not lower NCAA programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad