Confirmed with Link: Mangiapane Signs 2 years, $2.425M cap hit

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Really hope Mangi plays his way onto the protected list or else he’s Seattle bound

Monahan
Gaudreau
Tkachuk
Mangiapane
Dube
Bennett
Lindholm

Good night sweet Backlund

Only thing I could see changed is keeping Backs over Bennett if Bennett has another 20 point season.

Great contract for both parties here, glad we got him signed quick.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Last season, Mangiapane played 861:18 at 5v5, which ranked 116th among NHL forwards.

In those minutes, Mangiapane:

- scored 15 goals (tied for 43rd among all NHL forwards - 1st line production)
- scored at a rate of 1.04 goals per 60 minutes (ties for 54th among all NHL forwards - 1st line production)

- had 11 primary assists (tied for 71st among all NHL forwards - 1st line production)
- recorded primary assists at a rate of 0.77 per 60 minutes (tied for 83rd among all NHL forwards - 1st line production)

- had 29 total points (tied for 77th among all NHL forwards - 1st line production)
- recorded points at a rate of 2.02 per 60 minutes (tied for 86th among all NHL forwards - 1st line production)

All despite playing against elite competition night in and night out on the shutdown line.

By all accounts, Mangiapane produced like a first liner offensively 5v5 last season.

By all accounts, Mangiapane was also a beast defensively with incredible possession + scoring chance rates.

Now, give him consistent PP time.

The guy is an absolute stud. Was hoping for an Andersson-type long-term extension but the Flames simply didn't have the cap space. Mangiapane is guaranteed to totally outperform his contract once again.

Reactions: JurassicTunga

L13

Oct 1, 2015
Monahan
Gaudreau
Tkachuk
Mangiapane
Dube
Bennett
Lindholm

Good night sweet Backlund

Only thing I could see changed is keeping Backs over Bennett if Bennett has another 20 point season.

Great contract for both parties here, glad we got him signed quick.

Bennett is a replacement-level player at this point and has been for years, so I can't see Treliving protecting him over Backlund, who is one of our best players.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Bennett is a replacement-level player at this point and has been for years, so I can't see Treliving protecting him over Backlund, who is one of our best players.

Between Bennett and Backlund

Bennett if he turns his career around with a good year

Back if he shows he has a few good years left

Could be either way. Honestly I don't know what to wager

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
For the last few years it's basically been Gaudreau, Monohan, Lindholm and Tkachuk up front. When we played any contenders our lack of depth killed us.

Now add in Mangiapane, Dube and Bennett. I think that top 7 will only be held back by stupid coaching that feels like promoting Lucic into that group and demoting one of the 7 or puts maybe the best 3rd line center in the league up at off side wing.

Now with Markstrom and a deep defence those two areas are going to take care of themselves with the odd bump in the road. This team could really show us something if those seven forwards are rode hard and given the most minutes up front.

Mangiapane will be a big part of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad